Playa Chac Mool787 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Km 10, Boulevard Kukulkan, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Benito Juárez, Q.R., Mexico, Cancun
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Walking Area, Picnic Spot
Cancun is replete with serene beaches that make up for a perfect quiet holiday. However, those of you who are looking for adventurous swimming, the Playa Chac Mool is the ideal beach. This beach is named after a pre-Columbian Mesoamerican stone statue that can be found throughout Yucatan and central Mexico. This beach looks beautiful with its white sand and clear turquoise waters that offer a quiet and reclusive escape from the din of the city. This popular beach faces the open ocean and its safe waves make up for fun and pleasure, meant for all age groups. On the days, when the wind is not that strong, one can enjoy the best moments of swimming here. With an expansive stretch of beach, Playa Chac Mool offers you an ideal picnic space where you can enjoy for hours. The official hours for this public beach are from eight in the morning until six at night. Some of the other activities that you can enjoy around this beach are:
- Directly across the street from Playa Chac Mool is Senor Frogs, a lively restaurant and bar that overlooks the Nichupte Lagoon.
- Visit Coral Negro, a Mexican handicrafts market that is a short walk from Playa Chac Mool. The myriad of shops at this market feature traditional Mexican handicrafts from all over the country, from sombreros and clothing, to toys and handmade sculptures or statues.
Playa Chac Mool Travel Tips
- Take care of the oceanic currents.
How to Reach Playa Chac Mool
- Blue Line Stop #60, Green Line Stop #57
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cancun before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cancun and book an accommodation of your choice.
13.03% of people who visit Cancun include Playa Chac Mool in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
58.54% of people start their Playa Chac Mool visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Playa Chac Mool
86.49% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Playa Chac Mool