Scorpion's Temple233 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Off Blvd Kukulcan Km 12.5, Cancun, Mexico
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Sculpture
Locally known as the Templo del Alacran, this temple is located on the highest point in Cancun at the Park Royal Cancun Resort. This temple got its name from the remains of scorpion sculpture that you can still see on its walls. Although this archeological site is surrounded by the towering hotels, it is still a beautiful reminder of the lost glory of earlier Mayan days. The Mayan civilization was quite advanced one as it used these coastal temples to warn others of storms and hurricanes. Some of the structures were especially established so that whenever the wind exceeded a certain speed, the towers would whistle to spread a warning signal to the locals so as to hurriedly take a shelter to escape the storm. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Cancun itinerary 5 days.
Scorpion's Temple Travel Tips
- Entrance to see the ruins is free and it is recommended to visit this temple during the day as the steps are steep and somewhat rugged.
- If you’d like to visit the ruins, speak to a staff member at the Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort or you can always get a view of it from the beach.
How to Reach Scorpion's Temple
- Blue Line Stop #80, Green Line Stop #81
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cancun before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cancun and book an accommodation of your choice.
4.15% of people who visit Cancun include Scorpion's Temple in their plan
33.33% of people start their Scorpion's Temple visit around 8 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Scorpion's Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Scorpion's Temple