About Xcaret, Cancun
Xcaret, Cancun - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Carretera Chetumal-Puerto Juarez Kilometro 282, Solidaridad, 77710 Playa del Carmen, QROO, Mexico
Ticket Price: 89 USD
Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 09:30 pm Details
Added 38.3K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Park, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Xcaret Eco-Park is a wonderful place for a family holiday in Cancun. This park houses more than 40 activities and attractions to keep you busy as well as amused. The region is blessed with natural wealth. From pools and lagoon, to underground rivers, you can view some amazing natural wonders here. Try out the rotating Scenic tower which will help you survey the place before you decide what all you want to try out here. The central attraction of this place is its butterfly park which is simply stunning and a must visit.
There are also certain animals that you can see during a visit here. Colorful coral reefs adorn the place and can be viewed up close in the sea. You can also interact with the turtles and see the brightly colored flamingos that frequent Mexico. You will also be able to learn a lot about the history and culture of Mexico at this place through several interactive activities. Nature lovers should not miss out on this wonderful place. There is a lot to do so make sure to plan a whole day around this place.
Get the most of this attraction by creating a plan using Cancun trip planner.
- Don’t forget to carry sunscreen.
- There are restaurants within the place so you need not worry about refreshments.
- You can also opt for tickets only for specific activities. The ticket price included here is an all-inclusive pass.
- The use of snorkel gear has a cost of $ 10 USD (requires a refundable deposit of $25 USD).
- Wear comfortable beachwear and swimsuit. Sunscreen used in the Park must be free of chemicals. If it contains any of the following ingredients, it should not be used within the Park: Benzophenone, Etilhexila, Homosalate, Octyl methoxycinnamate, Octyl salicylate, Octinoxate, Oxybenzone, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane.
Xcaret Ticket Prices
- Children 4 and under get free admission.
- Children ages 5-11 get 50% off adult price. Must show an ID at the Park's ticket booths.
How To reach Xcaret by Public Transport
- You can arrive by car (free parking) or by taxi from Cancun, with an estimated cost between $80 and $100 USD one way, the journey takes about 70 minutes and 15 minutes from Playa del Carmen at a cost of about $15 USD.
- You can also take a bus from the station in Cancun (Av. Uxmal) and Playa del Carmen (5th Avenue).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cancun before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cancun and book an accommodation of your choice.
Xcaret, Cancun Reviews - Write a Review
Overall our experience was fun but some of the staff can be rude. My wife speaks 5 languages and 1 of them is Spanish. One of the staff members was being rude and of course she dished it back to him! Anyway, we paid for the snorkeling, they give you a locker so you don't have to carry your belongings. Also,depending on where in the park you start, they have you place your belongings in a water proof sack and it's secured and at the end of the trip on the other side of the park you'll be given you belongings back. The water was very cold in the caves and there was lots of fish to see. If you're not a good swimmer, don't worry. Everyone must wear a life vest. Also, they have staff in the middle of the whatever cave you decide to enter to assist you, if needed.
This tour was recommended to my husband and I after trying to find activities to do at Mexico. The transportation from the hotel to the park was very smooth and the bus was very colorful. The process to enter was very easy. At first getting to know the park was a little complicated, there's a lot to do and a lot to remember but the lines on the floor make it very easy to find the attractions. We walked a lot and the only thing I didn't like is that there is not a lot of comfortable places to rest, you have to go all the way to the river exit to lay down and regain the energy. We didn't make it to the night show but would have loved to stay longer...we were exhausted. The food was okay, a lot of flies on the Mexican Buffet. Other than that the place was beautiful, very clean and the animals looked very healthy. Hopefully I can return so I can enjoy it to the fullest.
We loved it. Everything has a lot of nice details. Park is huge, we would love to come back. Shark experience seems to be very exciting, I hope to try it next time. Night show is still the best. Even Mexican or non-Mexican.
Worst transportation experience I have ever had on a tour avoid it at all costs. First they make you arrive by 7am sharp because you have like 6 other hotels to stop at and load up more people. Than they drive you to there transfer center where they made us get off the bus stand and stand around until they decided which bus they were going to put us on. Than once we got on our bus they are making us sit here and wait for some reason? So here I am 945 am sitting on a bus at a transfer center about 10 miles from my hotel with an hour drive ahead of me whenever they decide we can leave. Zero communication as to why we were changing buses or why we have been sitting here for so long. All the other buses have left and I don't see anyone who actually work here around at all. Maybe I will like the park more if I get the opportunity to see it.... wish me luck!
A wonderful park with many exciting attractions. Snuba diving was wonderful with Carlos the instructor. Swimming through river across the park through tunnels was amazing and really well thought out as your bags are sent ahead of you to the end of the river in a safe locked holdall to collect at the exit to the river. Show in the evening was amazing and not to be missed!
- Nearby Attractions
- Dolphin Discovery Isla Mujeres
- Transbordadores Del Caribe
- Playa Las Perlas
- Exotic Rides Mexico
- Plaza De Toros
- Akumal Beach
- Cinepolis La Gran Plaza Cancun
- Cancun Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Cancun
- What to See in 48 Hours in Cancun
- What to See in 72 Hours in Cancun
- How to Spend 5 Days in Cancun
- How to Spend 6 Days in Cancun
- How to Spend 7 Days in Cancun