Saint HonoratCurrently Open [Closes at 04:45 pm]
- Address: 9001 Voie Communale Port des Moines, Cannes, France
- Timings: 10:30 am - 04:45 pm Details
- Phone: 33-493385526
- Ticket Price: 11 EUR
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Island, Family And Kids, Nature
Saint Honorat - Review
The two Lerin islands, Saint Marguerite and Saint Honorat, have enough history of their own to impress. Only a short boat ride away from Cannes, both the islands are in the grips of an atmosphere of mystery, perhaps even mysticism. Their natural eucalyptus and pine forests only enhance this feeling.
Smaller than its cousin, this island is made magical by the monks that chant in the Lerin’s Abbey here. The monks have been here almost continuously since about the 5th century. Believe it or not, they actually have an industry – producing red and white wines, honey, lavender oil and Lerina(the island’s own liqueur). They have a gift shop for you souvenir hunters. Only about 10 boats are allowed to the island from Cannes everyday. The small beaches are perfect for sunbathing and snorkelling. Also remember to check out the cannonball batteries of 2000 metres range on each end of the island. This was necessary defence – the island was invaded many, many times by different forces.
Saint Honorat Information
- The beaches here make for a much less crowded option compared to the public and/or expensive beaches on the mainland.
- On Saint Honorat you may not smoke, light an open fire, make noise or pick flowers.
Saint Honorat Ticket Prices
Round trip fare
- Adults : 11.00 € , children (5-10 years) : 5.50 €
How To reach Saint Honorat by Public Transport
- Depart Cannes for St Honorat (Summer): 8h, 9h, 10h, 11h, 12h, 14h, 15h, 15h30**, 16h30, 17h30
- Return Departs St Honorat (Summer): 8h30, 9h30, 10h30, 11h30, 12h30, 14h30, 15h30, 16h10**, 17h, 18h
Restaurants Near Saint Honorat
- Cafes and restaurants at the port
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cannes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cannes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Saint Honorat
9.85% of people who visit Cannes include Saint Honorat in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
74.76% of people start their Saint Honorat visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Saint Honorat
43.98% of people prefer to travel by ferry while visiting Saint Honorat
Saint Honorat Map
Saint Honorat Trips
Saint Honorat, Cannes Reviews
Dead smart nd peaceful. Would recommend
Stunning place to visit!
Heaven on earth
Petit havre de paix, reposant et magnifique. De petites criques offrant un confort les pieds dans l’eau, pour une baignade rafraîchissante. En profiter pour connaître l’histoire de l’île, se cultiver et se promener. Pour moi cette île est plus agréable que sa voisine, Sainte Marguerite.