St. Marguerite1472 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 05:45 pm]
- Address: St. Marguerite’s, Cannes, France
- Timings: 10:30 am - 05:45 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Family And Kids
The two Lerin islands, Saint Marguerite and Saint Honorat, have enough history of their own to impress. Only a short boat ride away from Cannes, both the islands are in the grips of an atmosphere of mystery, perhaps even mysticism. Their natural eucalyptus and pine forests only enhance this feeling.
30 minutes from Cannes by boat, the Fort Royale on this island once held the famous, notorious, mysterious and unidentified Man In The Iron Mask (watch the movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio). This was the usual fate of anyone that the King wanted imprisoned and hidden away without a trial. The fort itself is now named Musee de la Mer (The Museum of the Sea). Also check out
- The Old Castle Museum
- State Prisons
- The Huguenot Memorial (commemorating Protestant pastors who martyred themselves)
- The prisoner painter Jean Le Gac
- Roman cisterns (super important because the island has no water source other than rainfall)
- Shipwrecks Tradiliere (Roman ship) and Bateguier (Saracen)
- Ancient settlement ruins from 6th B.C - 4th A.D.
The woods of this lovely island have many pathways that crisscross it’s length and breadth. There’s a few cafés and restaurants on the port area.
A visit to Cannes is incomplete without one to the Saint Marguerite island. One attraction doesn’t cease to entice visitors, St. Marguerite Tickets are a hot seller. Your search to buy tickets for St. Marguerite ends here! Visit our tickets section to get the best of St. Marguerite ticket prices. Tickets for St. Marguerite have rarely been this reasonable! A good idea - Book tickets for St. Marguerite in advance!
St. Marguerite Travel Tips
- The beaches here make for a much less crowded option compared to the public and/or expensive beaches on the mainland.
Entrance Ticket Details For St. Marguerite
- Free for under 18 and students under 26
- Round trip fare : 11.00 € adults
- children (5-10 years) : 5.50 €
How to Reach St. Marguerite
- Depart Cannes for Ste Marguerite: 9h, 10h, 11h, 12h, 14h, 14h30, 14h30, 16h15, 17h15(spr), 18h15(sum)
- Return Departs from Ste Marguerite for Cannes: 9h15, 10h15, 11h15, 12h15, 14h15, 15h15, 16h15, 17h15, 18h(spr), 19h(sum)
- Cafes and restaurants at the port
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cannes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cannes and book an accommodation of your choice.
54.74% of people who visit Cannes include St. Marguerite in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
78.65% of people start their St. Marguerite visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see St. Marguerite
55.88% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Marguerite