St. MargueriteCurrently Closed
- Address: St. Marguerite’s, Cannes, France
- Timings: 10:30 am - 05:45 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Family And Kids
The two Lerin islands, Saint Marguerite and Saint Honorat, have enough history of their own to impress. Only a short boat ride away from Cannes, both the islands are in the grips of an atmosphere of mystery, perhaps even mysticism. Their natural eucalyptus and pine forests only enhance this feeling.
30 minutes from Cannes by boat, the Fort Royale on this island once held the famous, notorious, mysterious and unidentified Man In The Iron Mask (watch the movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio). This was the usual fate of anyone that the King wanted imprisoned and hidden away without a trial. The fort itself is now named Musee de la Mer (The Museum of the Sea). Also check out
- The Old Castle Museum
- State Prisons
- The Huguenot Memorial (commemorating Protestant pastors who martyred themselves)
- The prisoner painter Jean Le Gac
- Roman cisterns (super important because the island has no water source other than rainfall)
- Shipwrecks Tradiliere (Roman ship) and Bateguier (Saracen)
- Ancient settlement ruins from 6th B.C - 4th A.D.
The woods of this lovely island have many pathways that crisscross it’s length and breadth. There’s a few cafés and restaurants on the port area.
A visit to Cannes is incomplete without one to the Saint Marguerite island. One attraction doesn’t cease to entice visitors, St. Marguerite Tickets are a hot seller. Your search to buy tickets for St. Marguerite ends here! Visit our tickets section to get the best of St. Marguerite ticket prices. Tickets for St. Marguerite have rarely been this reasonable! A good idea - Book tickets for St. Marguerite in advance!
- The beaches here make for a much less crowded option compared to the public and/or expensive beaches on the mainland.
- Free for under 18 and students under 26
- Round trip fare : 11.00 € adults
- children (5-10 years) : 5.50 €
- Depart Cannes for Ste Marguerite: 9h, 10h, 11h, 12h, 14h, 14h30, 14h30, 16h15, 17h15(spr), 18h15(sum)
- Return Departs from Ste Marguerite for Cannes: 9h15, 10h15, 11h15, 12h15, 14h15, 15h15, 16h15, 17h15, 18h(spr), 19h(sum)
- Cafes and restaurants at the port
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cannes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cannes and book an accommodation of your choice.
61.59% of people who visit Cannes include St. Marguerite in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
78.65% of people start their St. Marguerite visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see St. Marguerite
55.88% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Marguerite
Very relaxed atmosphere, incredible mix of forests and beach. The ferries were very timely, the personal friendly, only a very short trip from Cannes. You have two restaurants and two snacks on the small island. Several spots for water. All is clean and well maintained. Two important points for us: dogs are allowed on the island also on the beaches and smoking is forbidden. The beach is mostly stony, thus better to have adapted shoes.
The views amazing. Place peaceful and the beaches just perfect for snorkelling. Best place to visit for whole day and for the family. I really recommend it. The return ticket only 15 €.
Very beautiful island to visit and spend a day on. The island is covered with eucalyptus trees evergreen pine trees. You can walk or cycle. No cars are allowed on island. That's why its such a tranquil place. A heaven!!! Its a paradise on earth. Beautiful walks and beaches, also you can visit the museum of man with iron mask. Magical, I can't wait to go back again. Absolutely recommend this place for visit.
Beautiful islands to spend a day with the boat in between. There is some interesting history to discover as well.
Amazing place and worth many many visits. The island and its beaches are beautiful and so peaceful - you’d think you’re in some far away island and not just 30 mins from the French Riviera. You can spend your day walking, admiring the scenery and breathing in the amazing smell of the eucalyptus trees or finding a nice secluded beach and enjoying the sun. Some beaches are like a private beach. Even my dog had the time of his life.