St. Marguerite, Cannes
About St. Marguerite, Cannes
St. Marguerite, Cannes - Address, Ticket Price
Address: St. Marguerite’s, Cannes
Ticket Price: 6 EUR
Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:30 am - 05:45 pm Details
Added 8.4K times in trip plans
Island, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The two Lerin islands, Saint Marguerite and Saint Honorat, have enough history of their own to impress. Only a short boat ride away from Cannes, both the islands are in the grips of an atmosphere of mystery, perhaps even mysticism. Their natural eucalyptus and pine forests only enhance this feeling.
30 minutes from Cannes by boat, the Fort Royale on this island once held the famous, notorious, mysterious and unidentified Man In The Iron Mask (watch the movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio). This was the usual fate of anyone that the King wanted imprisoned and hidden away without a trial. The fort itself is now named Musee de la Mer (The Museum of the Sea). Also check out
- The Old Castle Museum
- State Prisons
- The Huguenot Memorial (commemorating Protestant pastors who martyred themselves)
- The prisoner painter Jean Le Gac
- Roman cisterns (super important because the island has no water source other than rainfall)
- Shipwrecks Tradiliere (Roman ship) and Bateguier (Saracen)
- Ancient settlement ruins from 6th B.C - 4th A.D.
The woods of this lovely island have many pathways that crisscross it’s length and breadth. There’s a few cafés and restaurants on the port area.
A visit to Cannes is incomplete without one to the Saint Marguerite island. One attraction doesn’t cease to entice visitors, St. Marguerite Tickets are a hot seller. Your search to buy tickets for St. Marguerite ends here! Visit our tickets section to get the best of St. Marguerite ticket prices. Tickets for St. Marguerite have rarely been this reasonable! A good idea - Book tickets for St. Marguerite in advance!
St. Marguerite Information
- The beaches here make for a much less crowded option compared to the public and/or expensive beaches on the mainland.
St. Marguerite Ticket Prices
- Free for under 18 and students under 26
- Round trip fare : 11.00 € adults
- children (5-10 years) : 5.50 €
How To reach St. Marguerite by Public Transport
- Depart Cannes for Ste Marguerite: 9h, 10h, 11h, 12h, 14h, 14h30, 14h30, 16h15, 17h15(spr), 18h15(sum)
- Return Departs from Ste Marguerite for Cannes: 9h15, 10h15, 11h15, 12h15, 14h15, 15h15, 16h15, 17h15, 18h(spr), 19h(sum)
Restaurants Near St. Marguerite
- Cafes and restaurants at the port
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cannes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cannes and book an accommodation of your choice.
St. Marguerite, Cannes Reviews - Write a Review
Totally worth visiting. The last ferry to Cannes leaves at 6pm, so don't miss it! 3-4 hours should be enough to walk around and visit the prison. The only thing that I didn't like here is that you can't come close to the lake. But views and pine forest are just great!
A beautiful pine forest and an interesting medieval prison museum. Rocky beach and couldn't see the lake because it is surounded by a fence but it is a natural reservation so it makes sense. A lot of beautiful sides which makes it fun to visit.
Dont skip this island when visiting the Côte d'Azur!
So nice to walk through the forests of the sweet smelling pines
Amazing place. There is a boat directly from Cannes, every hour.
- Nearby Attractions
- La Croisette
- Parking Croisette
- Port De Cannes - Accueil Plaisance - Cci Nice Côte D’azur
- Port De Cannes - Service Commerce
- Cannes Palace Hotel****
- Hélistation De Cannes
- Le Tube Restaurant
- Cannes Garden Hotel
- Beach Club Bouliste De L Etang Beach Club
- Cannes Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Cannes
- What to See in 48 Hours in Cannes
- What to See in 72 Hours in Cannes
- How to Spend 5 Days in Cannes
- How to Spend 6 Days in Cannes
- How to Spend 7 Days in Cannes