Are you looking for what to do in Cannes?
PLACES TO SEE
- Old Town: If you want to eat at a busy restaurant or go souvenir-shopping, Old Town is your place. Walking down the narrow streets will give you stories and viewpoints. All the small streets come together through squares.
- Covered Market (Marche Forville): To buy fresh local produce, check out this local market. You might even spot a famous chef, buying high quality crop from here. On Mondays, the market has a flea market and an antiques show. Marché Forville will give you a unique gastronomic experience.
- Palais des Festivals: Movie stars get together here to watch festival films at this building, built in 1949 to host the Film Festival. Its famous steps leading up to the building is a famous spot to pose for photographs.
- Port: You can spend some time appreciating the big, beautiful yachts belonging to the rich and famous. Cannes also features the Festival de la Plaisance de Cannes, which takes place in Cannes mid-September.
- La Croisette: The Boulevard de la Croisette is quite popular among tourists interested in seeing the latest fashion in the boutiques along with luxury hotels and restaurants.
- Beaches: Cannes offers beautiful beaches along the coast, but it may cost you. Since most are private, a day at the beach could cost you up to 30 euros. There are also public beaches but usually jam-packed and a distance away from town. If you want a quieter beach, check out Îles de Lerins, the two islands that are both beautiful with occasional fireworks and historical with a monastery and castle.
- Musee de la Mer: The Musee de la Mer is located on the port of the Saint-Marguerite Island. You will find memories from the sea dating back to the Roman times. Here, you will also find the prison, which held many prisoners, including the infamous Man in the Iron Mask.
Below we have a list of things to do in Cannes and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Cannes getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Cannes with confidence.