Canterbury CathedralCurrently Closed
- Address: Cathedral House, 11 The Precincts, Canterbury, Kent CT1 2EH, United Kingdom
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1227762862
- Ticket Price: 11 GBP
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
The oldest and the most popular place of worship in England, the Canterbury Cathedral is the Mother Church of the worldwide Anglican Communion and seat of the Archbishop of Canterbury. A World Heritage Site, the Cathedral’s history goes back to 597AD when St Augustine was sent as a missionary by Pope Gregory the Great. Having a tragic past, in the year 1170, Archbishop Thomas Becket was murdered in the Cathedral and ever since, the Cathedral has attracted many pilgrims. A must visit on your Canterbury trip, the Cathedral is a marvellous piece of architecture.
Entrance Ticket Details For Canterbury Cathedral
- Adults: 10.50 pounds
- Pre booked group entry: 9.50 pounds
- Children under 18: 7 pounds
Canterbury Cathedral Hours
- Monday to Saturday: Seasonal timings apply.
- During summers: The Cathedral is open till 5.30 p.m.
- During winters:The Cathedral is open till 5 p.m.
- Monday to Friday: 10.30 a.m., 12 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- Saturday: 10.30 a.m., 12 p.m. and 1 p.m.
How to Reach Canterbury Cathedral
- Bus stop opposite Magistrates Court.
- Bus stop adjacent to Magistrates Court.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Canterbury before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Canterbury and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Canterbury include Canterbury Cathedral in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
43.11% of people start their Canterbury Cathedral visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Canterbury Cathedral
61.6% of people prefer walking in order to reach Canterbury Cathedral