Canterbury Cathedral, Canterbury
About Canterbury Cathedral, Canterbury
Canterbury Cathedral, Canterbury - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Cathedral House, 11 The Precincts, Canterbury, Kent CT1 2EH, United Kingdom
Ticket Price: 11 GBP
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 6.6K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The oldest and the most popular place of worship in England, the Canterbury Cathedral is the Mother Church of the worldwide Anglican Communion and seat of the Archbishop of Canterbury. A World Heritage Site, the Cathedral’s history goes back to 597AD when St Augustine was sent as a missionary by Pope Gregory the Great. Having a tragic past, in the year 1170, Archbishop Thomas Becket was murdered in the Cathedral and ever since, the Cathedral has attracted many pilgrims. A must visit on your Canterbury trip, the Cathedral is a marvellous piece of architecture.
Canterbury Cathedral Ticket Prices
- Adults: 10.50 pounds
- Pre booked group entry: 9.50 pounds
- Children under 18: 7 pounds
Canterbury Cathedral Opening and Closing Hours
- Monday to Saturday: Seasonal timings apply.
- During summers: The Cathedral is open till 5.30 p.m.
- During winters:The Cathedral is open till 5 p.m.
- Monday to Friday: 10.30 a.m., 12 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- Saturday: 10.30 a.m., 12 p.m. and 1 p.m.
How To reach Canterbury Cathedral by Public Transport
- Bus stop opposite Magistrates Court.
- Bus stop adjacent to Magistrates Court.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Canterbury before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Canterbury and book an accommodation of your choice.
Canterbury Cathedral, Canterbury Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Canterbury Glass Art
- St. Mary's Church, Chilham
- Chilham Castle
- Great Stour Way
- Fudge Kitchen
- Eastbridge Hospital Of St. Thomas The Martyr
- Westgate Hall
- Whitefriars Artisan Market
- Old Weavers Restaurant
- Norman Castle
- Canterbury Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Canterbury
- What to See in 48 Hours in Canterbury
- What to See in 72 Hours in Canterbury
- How to Spend 5 Days in Canterbury
- How to Spend 6 Days in Canterbury
- How to Spend 7 Days in Canterbury