St. Augustine's AbbeyCurrently Closed
- Address: Longport, Canterbury, Kent CT1 1PF, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1227767345
- Ticket Price: 6 GBP
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Family And Kids
The St. Augustine’s Abbey in Canterbury is a historically significant abbey. Marking the rebirth of Christianity in southern England, the abbey was founded shortly after AD 597 by St Augustine. Now in ruins, the abbey still strikes a peaceful and inspiring pose. It is part of the Canterbury World Heritage Site along with the cathedral and St Martin's Church. A must visit while on your Canterbury vacation, while there, do check out the museum and free audio tour.
St. Augustine's Abbey Travel Tips
- Since it is a historical ruin, some parts of the abbey are not wheelchair accessible.
Entrance Ticket Details For St. Augustine's Abbey
- For Adult: 5.40 pounds
- For Children: 3.20 pounds
- For Family (2 adults and 3 children): 14 pounds
St. Augustine's Abbey Hours
- Seasonal timings apply,Please check official website before planning a visit.
How to Reach St. Augustine's Abbey
- Bus stops near HM Prison.
- Bus stop adjacent Magistrates Court.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Canterbury before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Canterbury and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Canterbury include St. Augustine's Abbey in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
34.96% of people start their St. Augustine's Abbey visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see St. Augustine's Abbey
88.62% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Augustine's Abbey