St. Mary's Church, ChilhamCurrently Open
- Address: Village square, opposite Chilham Castle, Chilham, Kent, England, Canterbury, United Kingdom Map
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Always buzzing with life, the St. Mary’s Church in Chilham is one of the five churches in the Kings Wood Benefice. Trivia- the church is famous as the last known resting place of the shrine of St. Augustine. When the Abbey of St. Augustine in Canterbury got destroyed during the English Reformation, the shrine containing the saint’s body was removed from the abbey and brought to this church. It stayed here until 1541 after which it disappeared! Several attempts to determine what happed to the shrine have proved unsuccessful and till today, its whereabouts remain a mystery.
St. Mary's Church, Chilham Hours
- It is recommended to visit between 09:00 am. to 04:00 pm.
How to Reach St. Mary's Church, Chilham
- Taylors Hill (W-bound) bus stop
- Taylors Hill (E-bound) bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Canterbury before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Canterbury and book an accommodation of your choice.
- St. Mary's Church, Chilham Address: Village square, opposite Chilham Castle, Chilham, Kent, England, Canterbury, United Kingdom
- Time required to visit St. Mary's Church, Chilham: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
24% of people who visit Canterbury include St. Mary's Church, Chilham in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
43.75% of people start their St. Mary's Church, Chilham visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St. Mary's Church, Chilham
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Mary's Church, Chilham
People normally club together Chilham Castle and Dane John Gardens while planning their visit to St. Mary's Church, Chilham.