Are you looking for what to do in Canterbury?
THINGS TO DO & SEE
- Westgate Gardens: Situated in the heart of the city, the Westgate Gardens are spread across an area of 11 acres. Head over to have a family picnic in the morning or for a romantic stroll along the River Stour in the afternoon.
- Beaney House of Art and Knowledge: One of the things to do in Canterbury is visit the Beaney House of Art and Knowledge. It is an amalgamation of an Art Gallery, a museum, a library and a cafe.
- St. Martin’s Church: The St. Martin’s Church is the first church founded in England, and hence the oldest.
- Canterbury Roman Museum: Preserving the fascinating Roman history of Canterbury, this museum is built around the remains of an original Roman town house.
- Canterbury Ghost Tours: If you love ghost stories and get a kick out of exploring haunted places, you have to sign up for a guided tour with this company.
- Canterbury Tales: A popular and adored tour, the Canterbury Tales is an interactive tour through author Chaucer's tales of the same name.
Below we have a list of things to do in Canterbury and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Canterbury getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Canterbury with confidence.