Chapmans Peak652 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Postnet Suite 85, Private Bag , Hout Bay 7872, Cape Town, South Africa Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: 36 ZAR
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Scenic Drive, Family And Kids, Adventure, Adventure Sport, Neighborhoods , Nature
Chapman's Peak is the name of a mountain on the western side of the Cape Peninsula. The drive to it is quite scenic and a must do while in Cape Town. The drive itself is worth it but there is a lot to do in this area too.
Close to the blue shoreline, Chapman’s peak is a picturesque place to go to. Photographers, adventurers, health freaks and nature lovers alike are bound to love this place. The activities that can be done here include fishing, cycling, running, whale watching, water sports and many more. As a part of the Silvermine Natural Reserve it is also a haven for budding ornithologists who would love to explore the bird life in the area.
The views from atop the peak are stunning to say the least. It is a good idea to take the drive on a weekday as the place will certainly be crowded on the weekends.
Chapmans Peak Travel Tips
- It is better to go for the drive in groups as it is cheaper while doing the activities.
- Attractions do have their separate fees.
- The ticket prices given are for the toll tariffs for Light motor vehicles. The tolls differ according to the size of the vehicle. Heavy Motor Vehicles may have a toll of about 356 Rands.
How to Reach Chapmans Peak
- Postnet Suite
- The Red Herring Pub
- Cape Dining Experience
- Ocean Basket V & A Waterfront
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cape Town before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cape Town and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Chapmans Peak Address: Postnet Suite 85, Private Bag , Hout Bay 7872, Cape Town, South Africa
- Chapmans Peak Timing: 24-hrs
- Chapmans Peak Price: 36 ZAR
- Time required to visit Chapmans Peak: 05:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
8.65% of people who visit Cape Town include Chapmans Peak in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
60% of people start their Chapmans Peak visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Chapmans Peak
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chapmans Peak
People normally club together Cape Of Good Hope and The Lookout Deck Hout Bay while planning their visit to Chapmans Peak.