How to Reach Cape Town, South Africa
The Easiest Way to Reach Cape Town
- There are many direct international flights into Cape Town but there are some that require you to change planes at Johannesburg airport.
- Once in the city you can take your pick from public transport like mini-bus taxis, white taxis, buses or metro trains. The public transport system is very reliable and affordable and is authentically Capetonian in nature.
- You can also rent a private car or motorcycle at one of the many large car rental places around the city or at the airport itself.
Are you looking for a Cape Town travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Cape Town
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Cape Town. The most preferred mode of transport in Cape Town is Car.
Average distance: 21.38 km Average time: 46.55 min
Car 85.96%Driving 45.8 min Walking 0.51 min Motorbike 0.31 min Overall average time for 22.89 kms 46.61 min
Motorbike 2.63%Motorbike 19.33 min Overall average time for 13.33 kms 19.33 min
Bus/Trolleybus 1.75%Bus 37.5 min Walking 12.5 min Waiting 7.5 min Overall average time for 9.5 kms 57.5 min
Walking 4.39%Walking 38 min Driving 4.2 min Waiting 4 min Train 2 min Overall average time for 5.22 kms 48.2 min
Train/Metro 2.63%Train 25 min Waiting 21.67 min Walking 15 min Overall average time for 15 kms 61.67 min
How to Reach Cape Town from Nearby Cities
|Worcester to Cape Town||117.07 km||1 hour 57 mins|
- How to reach Vredehoek
- How to reach Century City
- How to reach Wynberg
- How to reach Durbanville
- How to reach Stellenbosch
- How to reach Somerset West
- How to reach Gordons Bay Central
- How to reach Yzerfontein
- How to reach Swartwater
- How to reach Kruger National Park
- How to reach Johannesburg
- How to reach Pilanesberg National Park
- How to reach Pietermaritzburg
- How to reach Hoedspruit
- How to reach Sun City
- How to reach Nelspruit
- How to reach Bloemfontein