Intaka IslandCurrently Open
- Address: 1 Century City Dr, Century City, Cape Town, 7441, South Africa Map
- Timings: 07:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +27-215526889
- Tags: Family And Kids
The Intaka Island sprawling over 16 hectares acts as a safe abode to over 125 bird species and 170 plant species in spite of lying within the concrete jungle. The Intaka Island comprises of manmade and natural wetlands which can be explored by talking the bridge located across the canal or wading on a non-motorised boat after attaining prior permit. Check out the Visitors’ Center which is equipped with photovoltaic equipment, solar panels, grey water systems, wind turbines, compost farms, worm farms, rainwater harvesting farm and many more. Birdwatchers can enjoy sighting the native and elusive migratory birds like flamingos and grysboks from the bird hides.
How to Reach Intaka Island
- Bus 262 to stop : Central Park
- Intaka Island Address: 1 Century City Dr, Century City, Cape Town, 7441, South Africa
- Intaka Island Contact Number: +27-215526889
- Intaka Island Timing: 07:30 am - 05:30 pm
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!