Table Mountain is an absolutely iconic place in Cape Town. In many ways, this mountain with a flattened top symbolizes the city. The top of the mountain is home to some incredibly amazing views of the area around it.
Whether you wish to take the cable car up the mountain, a visit Table Mountain is a must for any Cape Town visitor. Rich in rare flora and fauna, being on top of the mountain is a once in a life time experience.
There are many trails that take you up the mountain and some are easier than others so be sure to pick one that suits your physical status. You can also choose to take the cable car either up or down the mountain. If you are an adrenaline junkie, however, you can even try abseiling down the mountain which is sure to be a thrilling experience. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Cape Town itinerary 2 days.
Table Mountain Travel Tips
- The views are considered to be one of the best in the world. Take your time and enjoy nature in all its glory.
- You can also ask for a guide who can lead you up the mountain although the trails are well marked and you can find the way up yourself.
- It is not a good idea to hike up alone. It is better to go with a group or a guide. Stick to the marked paths as it is very easy to get lost.
- You should also carry windproof/waterproof clothing, plenty of water and sunscreen while climbing. If the weather conditions are bad do not try to climb more.
- There is a cafe and a souvenir store on top of the Mountain.
How to Reach Table Mountain
- Tafelberg Road
- Pepper Club Restaurant
- Lolas Cafe, On the Road to....
- 95 Keerom
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cape Town before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cape Town and book an accommodation of your choice.
58.21% of people who visit Cape Town include Table Mountain in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
55.03% of people start their Table Mountain visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Table Mountain
94.77% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Table Mountain