Table MountainCurrently Open [Closes at 08:30 pm]
- Address: Cape Town, South Africa
- Timings: 07:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: 27-217122337
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, Off Road, View Point, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids, Adventure, Hill, Neighborhoods , Nature
Table Mountain - Review
Table Mountain is an absolutely iconic place in Cape Town. In many ways, this mountain with a flattened top symbolizes the city. The top of the mountain is home to some incredibly amazing views of the area around it.
Whether you wish to take the cable car up the mountain, a visit Table Mountain is a must for any Cape Town visitor. Rich in rare flora and fauna, being on top of the mountain is a once in a life time experience.
There are many trails that take you up the mountain and some are easier than others so be sure to pick one that suits your physical status. You can also choose to take the cable car either up or down the mountain. If you are an adrenaline junkie, however, you can even try abseiling down the mountain which is sure to be a thrilling experience. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Cape Town itinerary 2 days.
Table Mountain Information
- The views are considered to be one of the best in the world. Take your time and enjoy nature in all its glory.
- You can also ask for a guide who can lead you up the mountain although the trails are well marked and you can find the way up yourself.
- It is not a good idea to hike up alone. It is better to go with a group or a guide. Stick to the marked paths as it is very easy to get lost.
- You should also carry windproof/waterproof clothing, plenty of water and sunscreen while climbing. If the weather conditions are bad do not try to climb more.
- There is a cafe and a souvenir store on top of the Mountain.
How To reach Table Mountain by Public Transport
- Tafelberg Road
Restaurants Near Table Mountain
- Pepper Club Restaurant
- Lolas Cafe, On the Road to....
- 95 Keerom
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cape Town before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cape Town and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Table Mountain
95% of people who visit Cape Town include Table Mountain in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
46.72% of people start their Table Mountain visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Table Mountain
94.92% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Table Mountain
Table Mountain Sightseeing Tours
Table Mountain Food & Nightlife Tours
Table Mountain Aerial Tours
Table Mountain Family Friendly Tours
Table Mountain Map
Table Mountain Trips
Table Mountain, Cape Town Reviews
One gets the Best view of Cape Town, must see!!! The only issue its weather dependent and hence do have a reserve day for this since there is very high chance of not running due to bad weather conditions. We Were just lucky to have it finished on the last day of the trip. The best part inside the cable car is it rotates on the way up so that everyone gets to appreciate the view from all angles. Had an amazing experience while on the way down. The crowd was superb wherein on some Happy song which is sung in the cable car, we were dancing. Would like to know that song if somebody knows. Overall super experience.
Good day. This is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. When ever you are in Capetown this is a Must!! the staff is helpful and friendly, they always assist where ever they can. on the top of the mountain there is a gift shop as well as a shop where you can get something to eat or drink , although the are very expensive up there. i would advise on having breakfast before you go up and maybe by your tickets online, the line to buy ticket may get very long but if you bought online you skip the ticket line and stand only in the online ticket line (much shorter) to go up. Hope you have the time of your life
The modern and safe cableway ride to the top of Table Mountain was an enjoyable experience. We were even able to bring a jogging stroller in the cable car which is capable of handling 65 people. There are two cable cars, so the wait wasn’t too bad. The view of God’s creation from the top of Table Mountain was simply amazing. If you visit Cape Town, be sure to visit this place. There’s a wheelchair accessible pathway on the top and a shop, café, and gift shop.
The Cable Car is nice and relaxing compared to the strenuous hike up Table Mountain. You can enjoy a 360 degree view of Cape Town and the surrounding area. The cost is worth the amount of time saved and the cars run very frequently.
An amazingly well maintained facility with breathtaking views of Cape Town. The cable cars offer a very smooth and scenic ride to the top of the mountains, where you can easily spend an hour admiring the view of Cape Town from the very top. A must do activity when you're in the city.
All QuestionsTable mountain
- La Teñada
- Iglesia De Santa María Del Azogue
- Biblioteca Publica
- Iglesia De San Juan
- Conjunto Histórico Artístico De Valderas
- Plaza De Toros De Valderas
- Promocion Servicios Culturales Recreativos
- Bodega Casto Pequeño
- Ayuntamiento De Valderas
- Museo Parroquial De Valderas
- Bodega Vinos De La Ribera De La Cea S.coop
- Parroquia De Riudaura
- Castillo De Los Davila
- Antonia Pereda Diaz
- Castillo De Puente Del Congosto