Table Mountain Cableway, Cape Town
About Table Mountain Cableway, Cape Town
Table Mountain Cableway, Cape Town - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Lower Cable Station, Tafelberg Road, Cape Town 80001
Ticket Price: 215 ZAR
Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
Added 33.3K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Mountain, Off Road, Family And Kids, Adventure, Cable Car, Picnic Spot, Neighborhoods , Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Table Mountain Cableway is an excellent activity to try out while visiting Cape Town. The ride in the cable car is sure to give you an amazing vantage point to see the whole of Cape Town in one go. Reaching the peak of Table Mountain becomes an incredible experience due to this cableway.
There are two levels on which the Cable Car runs so you can choose your angle of viewing although the one on the higher level is highly recommended since the views are simply breathtaking. The cars can take up to 65 people in the same journey and run for about 5 minutes. You can also choose to take a hike up to Table Mountain and then come down via cableway which is what you will see many of the tourists doing.
In these 5 minutes you will be spoilt for the choice of things to see. The rare vegetation on the table lands called the Fybnos are a major attraction. Besides there are also several species of birds and animals in the area down below that you will get a glimpse of. If it is clear you will also be able to see the nearby peaks which are a real sight to be beheld. This cable car ride is a must for almost any Cape Town visitor and a wonderful starting point for your journey through Cape Town.
Table Mountain Cableway Information
- Those who are weary of heights should reconsider.
- A return ticket should cost you around 110 Rand per adult.
- On some days, the cable way is open till 7 or eight depending upon the season and weather conditions.
- The hike is rather tough if you want to go for it. It is not recommended for younger children. Do wear comfortable shoes and carry water.
- The weather conditions may lead to the cancellation of the rides so it is not recommended that you book in advance.
- The Cable Car is wheelchair accessbible.
How To reach Table Mountain Cableway by Public Transport
- Tafelberg Road
Restaurants Near Table Mountain Cableway
- Royale Eatery
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cape Town before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cape Town and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Nearby Attractions
- Shark Bookings - Shark Diving Gansbaai
- Jip De Jager Drive
- Lighthouse Point Simons Town
- Lower Church Street
- Winelands Close
- Blowfish Restaurant
- Adderley Hotel
- Vanilla Lounge
- City Lodge Hotel Grandwest
- Silver Mine (nature Reserve)
- Cape Town Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Cape Town
- What to See in 48 Hours in Cape Town
- What to See in 72 Hours in Cape Town
- How to Spend 5 Days in Cape Town
- How to Spend 6 Days in Cape Town
- How to Spend 7 Days in Cape Town