Table Mountain CablewayCurrently Open
The Table Mountain Cableway is an excellent activity to try out while visiting Cape Town. The ride in the cable car is sure to give you an amazing vantage point to see the whole of Cape Town in one go. Reaching the peak of Table Mountain becomes an incredible experience due to this cableway.
There are two levels on which the Cable Car runs so you can choose your angle of viewing although the one on the higher level is highly recommended since the views are simply breathtaking. The cars can take up to 65 people in the same journey and run for about 5 minutes. You can also choose to take a hike up to Table Mountain and then come down via cableway which is what you will see many of the tourists doing.
In these 5 minutes you will be spoilt for the choice of things to see. The rare vegetation on the table lands called the Fybnos are a major attraction. Besides there are also several species of birds and animals in the area down below that you will get a glimpse of. If it is clear you will also be able to see the nearby peaks which are a real sight to be beheld. This cable car ride is a must for almost any Cape Town visitor and a wonderful starting point for your journey through Cape Town. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Cape Town itinerary 2 days.
Table Mountain Cableway Travel Tips
- Those who are weary of heights should reconsider.
- A return ticket should cost you around 110 Rand per adult.
- On some days, the cable way is open till 7 or eight depending upon the season and weather conditions.
- The hike is rather tough if you want to go for it. It is not recommended for younger children. Do wear comfortable shoes and carry water.
- The weather conditions may lead to the cancellation of the rides so it is not recommended that you book in advance.
- The Cable Car is wheelchair accessbible.
How to Reach Table Mountain Cableway
- Tafelberg Road
- Royale Eatery
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cape Town before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cape Town and book an accommodation of your choice.
70.69% of people who visit Cape Town include Table Mountain Cableway in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
75.68% of people start their Table Mountain Cableway visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Table Mountain Cableway
93.98% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Table Mountain Cableway