Gardens Of AugustusCurrently Closed
- Address: Via Matteotti, 80073 Capri NA, Italy
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 1 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Gardens Of Augustus - Review
Built in the 20th century by Friedrich Alfred Krupp who dreamed of building an ambitious mansion, the Garden of Augustus have incredible vantage points and boast of beautiful flowers that add to the awe inspiring beauty of the location. The gardens were donated to Capri after Krupp died in 1902. Via Krupp is another brilliant feature of these gardens which is actually a zig zag path that leads to the sea. The road with its winding hairpins turns is considered to be a work of art and an engineering feat. Dahlias and Germaniums circle a glorious fountain that take a place of pride in the garden. Visitors can experience the great views where to the left are the imposing Faraglioni while to the right is Marina Piccola and the sheer cliffs that lead up to the summit of Mount Solaro, the highest point on the island.
Gardens Of Augustus Information
- The best times to visit are early morning and late afternoon, when the gardens are less crowded with daytrippers.
- The gardens are open only from Easter to November, from 9:00 am to one hour before sunset.
- Be sure to bring your binoculars and camera as you will want to get some photos of this incredibly beautiful area of Capri.
- You can get similarly spectacular views for free by climbing up the steps opposite the entrance to the gardens to the small terrace guarded by lion statues and a monument to Lenin, a famous habitué of the island.
Gardens Of Augustus Ticket Prices
- Entry to the Augustus Gardens costs €1 from the beginning of April to the beginning of November.
How To reach Gardens Of Augustus by Public Transport
- The best way to reach the gardens is on foot or by cab.
Restaurants Near Gardens Of Augustus
- Ristorante il Geranio
- Ristorante Il Geranio
- Al Chiaro di Luna
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Capri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Capri and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Gardens Of Augustus
52.23% of people who visit Capri include Gardens Of Augustus in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
35.14% of people start their Gardens Of Augustus visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Gardens Of Augustus
93.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gardens Of Augustus
Gardens Of Augustus Trips
Gardens Of Augustus, Capri Reviews
A wonderful garden with stunning views. My only problem was that I visited at the height of the tourist season meaning Capri was completely overcrowded. I would love to go back at a quieter time of year!
Beautiful, well kept gardens overlooking the south side of the island. Amazing views and picture opportunities, overlooking Il Faraglioni rock formations. Well worth the 1.50 euro entrance fee. Definitely a must visit in Capri!
This place is fantastic and definitely worth checking out when on Capri! It only costs 1 euro to enter and the walk to it is very pretty. The views of the coast you are going to see from here are simply incredible! Strongly recommend it!
This was the highlight of our day trip to Capri. For just 1 euro it cannot be beat. The views are stunning.
Beatiful garden with incredible views perfect for those picturesque vacation photos. Best part is that it's right in the main town of Capri! It was only 2-3 euros if I remember correctly, well worth it.