Gardens Of Augustus622 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Via Matteotti, 80073 Capri NA, Italy
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 1 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Built in the 20th century by Friedrich Alfred Krupp who dreamed of building an ambitious mansion, the Garden of Augustus have incredible vantage points and boast of beautiful flowers that add to the awe inspiring beauty of the location. The gardens were donated to Capri after Krupp died in 1902. Via Krupp is another brilliant feature of these gardens which is actually a zig zag path that leads to the sea. The road with its winding hairpins turns is considered to be a work of art and an engineering feat. Dahlias and Germaniums circle a glorious fountain that take a place of pride in the garden. Visitors can experience the great views where to the left are the imposing Faraglioni while to the right is Marina Piccola and the sheer cliffs that lead up to the summit of Mount Solaro, the highest point on the island.
Gardens Of Augustus Travel Tips
- The best times to visit are early morning and late afternoon, when the gardens are less crowded with daytrippers.
- The gardens are open only from Easter to November, from 9:00 am to one hour before sunset.
- Be sure to bring your binoculars and camera as you will want to get some photos of this incredibly beautiful area of Capri.
- You can get similarly spectacular views for free by climbing up the steps opposite the entrance to the gardens to the small terrace guarded by lion statues and a monument to Lenin, a famous habitué of the island.
Entrance Ticket Details For Gardens Of Augustus
- Entry to the Augustus Gardens costs €1 from the beginning of April to the beginning of November.
How to Reach Gardens Of Augustus
- The best way to reach the gardens is on foot or by cab.
- Ristorante il Geranio
- Ristorante Il Geranio
- Al Chiaro di Luna
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Capri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Capri and book an accommodation of your choice.
32.01% of people who visit Capri include Gardens Of Augustus in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
35.14% of people start their Gardens Of Augustus visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Gardens Of Augustus
93.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gardens Of Augustus
Gardens Of Augustus Reviews & Ratings
I wanted to propose to my girlfriend in the Gardens of Augustus however am looking for a private setting. Is there any possibility of blocking of a small area for short period of time during September 18-20th 2022? Kind regardsAnswer Report Abuse