Gardens Of Augustus, Capri
About Gardens Of Augustus, Capri
Gardens Of Augustus, Capri - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Via Matteotti, 80073 Capri NA, Italy
Ticket Price: 1 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 5.8K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Built in the 20th century by Friedrich Alfred Krupp who dreamed of building an ambitious mansion, the Garden of Augustus have incredible vantage points and boast of beautiful flowers that add to the awe inspiring beauty of the location. The gardens were donated to Capri after Krupp died in 1902. Via Krupp is another brilliant feature of these gardens which is actually a zig zag path that leads to the sea. The road with its winding hairpins turns is considered to be a work of art and an engineering feat. Dahlias and Germaniums circle a glorious fountain that take a place of pride in the garden. Visitors can experience the great views where to the left are the imposing Faraglioni while to the right is Marina Piccola and the sheer cliffs that lead up to the summit of Mount Solaro, the highest point on the island.
Gardens Of Augustus Information
- The best times to visit are early morning and late afternoon, when the gardens are less crowded with daytrippers.
- The gardens are open only from Easter to November, from 9:00 am to one hour before sunset.
- Be sure to bring your binoculars and camera as you will want to get some photos of this incredibly beautiful area of Capri.
- You can get similarly spectacular views for free by climbing up the steps opposite the entrance to the gardens to the small terrace guarded by lion statues and a monument to Lenin, a famous habitué of the island.
Gardens Of Augustus Ticket Prices
- Entry to the Augustus Gardens costs €1 from the beginning of April to the beginning of November.
How To reach Gardens Of Augustus by Public Transport
- The best way to reach the gardens is on foot or by cab.
Restaurants Near Gardens Of Augustus
- Ristorante il Geranio
- Ristorante Il Geranio
- Al Chiaro di Luna
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Capri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Capri and book an accommodation of your choice.
Gardens Of Augustus, Capri Reviews - Write a Review
I was in Naples and a bit tired of pizza. It was a good find. Great take away sushi place. The sushi was made on the moment. The salmon and prawn tasted very fresh. It has been a long time that I ate such a good one. Hight recommended!
Fairly small gardens with beautiful views. A nice spot to sit and cool down for a moment. I was surprised that there was a small admission charge.
Breathtaking views. Take a deep breath when you go there because there are so many scents everywhere!
It is a small but beautiful garden costing a couple euros to enter. More importantly, it has beautiful views of the nearby coast. It's quite high and provides great shots of the cliffs and rock formations nearby. There are several seating areas, however, they do not allow eating within the park though some people ignore that. Definitely recommended.
1 euro entry fee to the garden, which is beautiful in it self, however you go for the breathtaking views. It is also naturally shaded by trees so it's an amazing way to eat out of the hot sun for awhile
- Nearby Attractions
- Luxury Villa Excelsior Parco
- Capri Tiberio Palace
- Capri Wine Hotel
- Regina Cristina
- Motoscafisti Di Capri Societa Cooperativa
- Hotel Weber Ambassador
- Best Western Hotel Syrene
- Capri Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Capri
- What to See in 48 Hours in Capri
- What to See in 72 Hours in Capri
- How to Spend 5 Days in Capri
- How to Spend 6 Days in Capri
- How to Spend 7 Days in Capri