The Charterhouse Of San Giacomo13 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Via Certosa, 1, Capri NA, Italy
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
La Charterhouse of San Giacomo is one of the oldest structures on Capri, built in 1371 by Count Giacomo Arcucci of Capri, who later became a monk himself. It was originally a convent.
After having suffered extensive damage during the 16th century and being used as barracks, hospital and a military prison, the Charterhouse was restored to its original glory in 1927. Today, part of the building is used as Capri's Classics high school. In the Prior's apartments, there are often temporary photography and contemporary art exhibitions, while the outdoor spaces host important events, including concerts and live shows.
The Charterhouse Of San Giacomo Travel Tips
- The frescoes and paintings inside the monument are noteworthy.
- There are spectacular views overlooking the garden.
- There are often special exhibitions, either free or requiring a separate ticket purchase.
How to Reach The Charterhouse Of San Giacomo
- The funicular station is located to this attraction.
- Ristorante il Geranio
- Ristorante Il Geranio
- Al Chiaro di Luna
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Capri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Capri and book an accommodation of your choice.