Are you looking for what to do in Capri?
The tiny Italian island of Capri off the bay of Naples is known for its rich history and breathtaking views making it a huge tourist attraction through the year. With its several hotel options and different accommodations one can get, it pays to know well in advance what Capri accommodation best fits your needs.
To start, some of the best places to stay in Capri on a big budget could be any of the numerous luxury hotels. Since the island is an opulent paradise, one can expect some of the finest 4 and 5 star hotels but they do come in at a super-premium price, sometimes even as high as $800 a night. These super high end hotels however are right on the coast and moving further inland, one can get a 5 star hotel room for closer to $300 a night.
While one may choose to stay in a budget hotel if expenditure is a concern, some of the other places to stay in Capri such as AirBnbs and homestay options should definitely be considered. These can be as low as $80 a night and are generally quite comfortable while a hotel would be closer to $120 a night. Hotels in Capri are generally a little more expensive, especially during the holiday season and should therefore be considered last.
It should be noted that Capri Hotels need to be booked well in advance due to the high tourist traffic. Booking 2-3 weeks before the date of arrival is a good idea.
- Marina Grande: The spectacular port of the island city where the boats and Ferries are docked.
- Piazza Umberto I: Also known as the little theatre of the world, it is the most famous square, located in the historic centre of Capri. It is one of the most enchanting places to visit in the island city.
- Blue Grotto: A beautiful yet mysterious cave that opens and closes with the tides. It is used as a bathing place since the Roman era.
- Villa Jovis: A mesmerizing villa, which was once residence of Emperor Tiberius.
- Villa San Michele: Located in Anacapri, this is a twentieth century Villa built by Axel Munthe, a Swedish Physician.
- Church of San Michele Arcangelo: A baroque style church with tiled floor in mosaic, depicting Adam and Eve in the paradise. It is also located in the uphill town of Anacapri.
Below we have a list of things to do in Capri and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Capri getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Capri with confidence.