Villa St Michele240 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Viale Axel Munthe, 34, 80071 Anacapri NA, Italy
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0818371401
- Ticket Price: 7 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Built by the Swedish physician and author Axel Munthe, Villa San Michele is a remarkable place that is as beautiful as it is historically important. Axel built his villa on the ruins of an ancient Chapel dedicated to San Michele, following a series of sketches made on a wall. The physician called this place home for 56 years. The villas gardens offer spectacular views of the Sorrentine Peninsula and Mount Vesuvius. The gardens themselves are a sight of pure beauty, adorned with many ancient relics and statues.
A number of ancient artifacts are represented at this villa. These include fragments of sarcophaguses, busts, Roman paving, marble and columns.
Villa St Michele Travel Tips
- From Capri, visitors can take the bus to Anacapri. Get off at Piazza Vittoria (the main stop), walk up the steps opposite the bus stop and continue along the little lane to the left.
Villa St Michele Hours
Bar Cafe Casa Olive:
- Open April - November
- Monday - Thursday 09:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Friday - 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Saturday - 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Sunday - 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Guided tours on demand: April - September
- Guided tours for schools: April - May
How to Reach Villa St Michele
- There is no public transport in Capri. Travel by foot or cab to this destination.
- Ristorante La Fenicia Di Catuogno Livio
- Ristorante L'Olivo
- Ristorante Barbarossa
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Capri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Capri and book an accommodation of your choice.
15.53% of people who visit Capri include Villa St Michele in their plan
50% of people start their Villa St Michele visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Villa St Michele
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Villa St Michele
People normally also visit Bagni D' Arienzo while planning their trip to Villa St Michele.