Saint Benedict Roman Catholic Church24 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 84-5140 Painted Church Rd, Captain Cook, HI 96704, USA, United States Map
- Phone: +1-8083282227
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Saint Benedict Roman Catholic Church in the Honaunau-Napoopoo is locally called the Painted Church. This Roman Catholic Church dates back to 1899-1902 during which the Father of Belgian Catholic Missionary John Velghe had painted the exquisite frescoes on the interior walls and the ceilings. Still in their full grandeur, the frescoes depict many Biblical scenes like Jesus refusing the Devil, Sinners tormented in the Hell and Cain’s Murder of Abel. The Saint Benedict Roman Catholic Church is small with a rectangular shape complemented by the European Gothic styled vaults above the main altar. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this church holds five masses every week.
How to Reach Saint Benedict Roman Catholic Church
- Rented Car/ Taxi
- Saint Benedict Roman Catholic Church Address: 84-5140 Painted Church Rd, Captain Cook, HI 96704, USA, United States
- Saint Benedict Roman Catholic Church Contact Number: +1-8083282227
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!