Basilica Of Saint NazaireCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Place Saint-Nazaire, 11000 Carcassonne, France
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-468252765
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
A national monument, the Basilica of Saint Nazaire (and Saint Celse) is thought to be built in the early 6th Century. It has since then undergone a number or renovations. The architecture, the stain glasses and the peace and tranquillity will leave you mesmerized.
- Do not disturb the tranquillity of the place.
- Appropriate clothing encouraged.
- Mass every Sunday at 11 a.m.
- Recommended time to visit to beat the tourist rush, visit the basilica early morning.
- Located centrally, people prefer walking down to the basilica.
- Restaurant La Barbacane
- Restaurant Jardin de l'évêque
- Restaurant Au Four Saint Louis
- Le Cinq
- Le Balthazar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Carcassonne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Carcassonne and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Carcassonne include Basilica Of Saint Nazaire in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
30.53% of people start their Basilica Of Saint Nazaire visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Basilica Of Saint Nazaire
72.34% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Basilica Of Saint Nazaire
Beautiful, intomate scaled cathedral. Rich vertical stain glass reminds me of Ste Chapelle.
A part of the beautiful Carcasonne
Sadly, there were significant building works when we visited, but there was still a peaceful, cool atmosphere - a lovely break from the sun and busyness of the rest of the city.
An amazing architectural materpeice
Magnificent stained glass windows!!