Basilica Of Saint NazaireCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Place Saint-Nazaire, 11000 Carcassonne, France
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-468252765
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
A national monument, the Basilica of Saint Nazaire (and Saint Celse) is thought to be built in the early 6th Century. It has since then undergone a number or renovations. The architecture, the stain glasses and the peace and tranquillity will leave you mesmerized.
- Do not disturb the tranquillity of the place.
- Appropriate clothing encouraged.
- Mass every Sunday at 11 a.m.
- Recommended time to visit to beat the tourist rush, visit the basilica early morning.
- Located centrally, people prefer walking down to the basilica.
- Restaurant La Barbacane
- Restaurant Jardin de l'évêque
- Restaurant Au Four Saint Louis
- Le Cinq
- Le Balthazar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Carcassonne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Carcassonne and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Carcassonne include Basilica Of Saint Nazaire in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
30.53% of people start their Basilica Of Saint Nazaire visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Basilica Of Saint Nazaire
72.34% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Basilica Of Saint Nazaire
If you are in the Cite de Carcassonne, don't miss visiting this church. It is small but quite stunning. Great stained glass. Sometimes concerts are held in the church.
Not large but tranquil and astonishing place.
Beautiful, intomate scaled cathedral. Rich vertical stain glass reminds me of Ste Chapelle.
Sadly, there were significant building works when we visited, but there was still a peaceful, cool atmosphere - a lovely break from the sun and busyness of the rest of the city.
An amazing architectural materpeice