Basilica Of Saint NazaireCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Place Saint-Nazaire, 11000 Carcassonne, France
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-468252765
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Basilica Of Saint Nazaire - Review
A national monument, the Basilica of Saint Nazaire (and Saint Celse) is thought to be built in the early 6th Century. It has since then undergone a number or renovations. The architecture, the stain glasses and the peace and tranquillity will leave you mesmerized.
Basilica Of Saint Nazaire Information
- Do not disturb the tranquillity of the place.
- Appropriate clothing encouraged.
Basilica Of Saint Nazaire Hours
- Mass every Sunday at 11 a.m.
- Recommended time to visit to beat the tourist rush, visit the basilica early morning.
How To reach Basilica Of Saint Nazaire by Public Transport
- Located centrally, people prefer walking down to the basilica.
Restaurants Near Basilica Of Saint Nazaire
- Restaurant La Barbacane
- Restaurant Jardin de l'évêque
- Restaurant Au Four Saint Louis
- Le Cinq
- Le Balthazar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Carcassonne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Carcassonne and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Basilica Of Saint Nazaire
95% of people who visit Carcassonne include Basilica Of Saint Nazaire in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
30.53% of people start their Basilica Of Saint Nazaire visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Basilica Of Saint Nazaire
72.34% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Basilica Of Saint Nazaire
Basilica Of Saint Nazaire Trips
Basilica Of Saint Nazaire, Carcassonne Reviews
Sadly, there were significant building works when we visited, but there was still a peaceful, cool atmosphere - a lovely break from the sun and busyness of the rest of the city.
Prominent and grandiose in every aspect on the outside. The interior is not as impressive as the exterior.
You can also give money to the church with credit card
Magnificent stained glass windows!!
Beautiful place to visit, but just at the right time of the year. Despite lashing rain and wind truly enjoyed walking through this medieval place.