Cathar Castles852 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Chateau de St-Ferriol, 11500 Saint-Ferriol, France, Carcassonne
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-7954168897
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Cathar Castles is a broad term given to a series of around 20 forts built and used by the Cathars (followers of Catharism) all across France. Coming with a rich and violent history, the castles present near Carcassonne are the Peyrepertuse, the Queribus, the Puilaurans and even the Chateau Comtal. Check out the panoramic views and the intricate architecture.
Cathar Castles Travel Tips
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Some of the forts do not have toilets at the top.
How to Reach Cathar Castles
- Most of the tourists prefer hiring cabs or cars so that they can be dropped at the foothills of the forts.
- Some of the forts have food stalls along the way.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Carcassonne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Carcassonne and book an accommodation of your choice.
83.45% of people who visit Carcassonne include Cathar Castles in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
36.05% of people start their Cathar Castles visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Cathar Castles
66.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cathar Castles