Lac De La Cavayere596 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Carcassonne, France Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Golf Course, Walking Area, Leisure, Family And Kids, Lake, Boating, Picnic Spot
Situated around 6 kilometres from Carcassonne in France is the artificial Cavayere Lake. A walk round the lake takes about an hour. The lake has three large beaches and is also the centre of various leisure activities. Swimming, pedal boats, boating, fishing, picnics, mini golf, volley-ball, pony riding are some of the activities one can enjoy at the lake. You can also spot a number of ducks and wildfowl here. People also visit it in order to see its diverse flora and fauna. You can hire a boat and row around for exquisite views. During winter afternoons, this place remains crowded with people who come here to sunbathe.
Lac De La Cavayere Travel Tips
- The Lake is closed off season. Check the dates with a tourist office.
- The food stalls and the water activity centres open by 11 a.m.
Entrance Ticket Details For Lac De La Cavayere
- Water sports and activities may cost anywhere between €5 to €20.
How to Reach Lac De La Cavayere
- Bus number 1 takes you from the city centre to the Lake.
- Note that the city bus service does not run on Sundays.
- A couple of food stalls and a cafe is present at the Lake.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Carcassonne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Carcassonne and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Lac De La Cavayere Address: Carcassonne, France
- Lac De La Cavayere Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Lac De La Cavayere(preferred time): 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Lac De La Cavayere: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
54.63% of people who visit Carcassonne include Lac De La Cavayere in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
45.26% of people start their Lac De La Cavayere visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Lac De La Cavayere
91.12% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lac De La Cavayere
People normally club together Basilica Of Saint Nazaire and O2 Aventure while planning their visit to Lac De La Cavayere.
Lac De La Cavayere Reviews & Ratings
Is this open on June 3 Rd?Answer Report Abuse