Cosmeston Medieval VillageCurrently Closed
- Address: Lavernock Rd, Penarth, CF64 5UY, Cardiff, United Kingdom
- Timings: 11:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-2920701678
- Ticket Price: 5 GBP
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Village, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site
In the gorgeous vale of Glamorgan, lies the Cosmeston Lakes Country Park, an area home to two serene lakes divided by a footpath, all kinds of living creatures and the Cosmeston Medieval Village. This Village is a reconstructed model of a 14th century village and it’s knows as the best of its kind in the U.K.
In 1978, archaeologists found the remains of an ancient village more than 600 years old! Over time, it was decided that the village would be restored and used as an example of olden day Wales. The medieval village that stands today is set in 1350, a time during which the Caversham family had given the area a heightened quality of life. This was also the period during which the rest of the country was going through the Hundred Years War and was just recovering from the devastation of the Black Death. One can see how, historically, this village is reflective of a very important time in Britain’s history.
- Today, Comeston Lakes and its village make a highly interesting and well loved tourist attraction. You can walk through the beautiful lakes that were once muddy quarry pits, and watch the birds and other little animals spend their day.
- In the village you can interact with costumed staff members and observe rare breeds of farm animals. This makes for a fantastic education experience for everyone. Not only will you learn about life during a very different age but you will also learn about the animals who make the area their home, their habitats and habits and how we can live harmoniously with them.
- This exciting Heritage Project is a great place to go on walks, jogs and picnics. With a restaurant and other facilities, the area is family friendly and entirely accessible to whoever wishes to visit.
- This is close to Penarth and Cardiff Bay, making the location convenient and easy to find. You can get in a bit of shopping or run last minute errands before relaxing and taking in the natural beauty.
- Other Hours: During summer, the last tour is at 04.00 pm.
- Other Ticket Prices: For adult- £5.00 and Child- £2.00.
- Family ticket- £12.00.
- Tips & Warnings: Entry is free for childeren under 5 years.
- Most of the Park and all of the Medieval Village are accessible for wheelchairs with assistance.
- Parking is free.
- Located on route B4267 Lavernock Road (Sully to Penarth), 5 miles west of Cardiff near junction 33 of the M4.
- Penarth rail station is 3 miles away.
- Tigertiger (American, family style)
- Pillars (European)
- Pen and Wig (European, Specialty)
- Jamie’s Italian (Italian)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cardiff before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cardiff and book an accommodation of your choice.
12.81% of people who visit Cardiff include Cosmeston Medieval Village in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
83.33% of people start their Cosmeston Medieval Village visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Cosmeston Medieval Village
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cosmeston Medieval Village