Events and Festivals in Cardiff
- St. David’s Day Parade (1st): Colours and floats will fill up your surroundings as the city celebrates! This parade goes right through the city centre, creating quite an energetic, cheerful mood! Expect to see a lot of the city folk out on the streets celebrating.
- The Welsh Boat Race: This annual rowing race between the Swansea University Rowing Club and the Cardiff University Boat Club generates a lot of excitement! Come and see freshers, pros, the young, the old and all kinds of avid boaters oar up and race each other through River Taff.
- Cardiff Summer Festival (21st): This festival is free entry, spans over three months and features colourful parades, exciting live music and theatre, popular family entertainment and world class sporting events including the Extreme Sailing SeriesTM in Cardiff Bay. Expect a multitude of events themed around music, food and drink and local cuisine from June till early September.
- The Welsh Proms: As part of the Summer Festival, the magnificent Welsh Proms festival is a week-long carnival of music and dance that transcends age and genre! Hosted in the lovely National Concert Hall of Wales, this music fest should be a treat for the ears.
- The Cardiff Mela: A blast of Asian spice hits Cardiff during this time of the year, courtesy the Cardiff Mela. It celebrates many cultural aspects of Asian life, particularly music, dance, fashion and food.
- Cardiff Mardi Gras (16th): This is one of the biggest LGBT Pride events in the area and this giant street party type fete can be enjoyed by one and all. Expect funfair rides, a cultural market with arts and crafts, food, drink and picnic area, Stonewall Cymru's family zone and a social hub for the LGBT community offering advice and support.
- Winter Wonderland: Cardiff's Flybe Winter Wonderland entails seven weeks of family fun, so if you’re in the city during winter, make sure to have your warmest clothes and a pair of skates.
Trip plans for Cardiff
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Cardiff
Cardiff Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Cardiff
Save 10%'Doctor Who' TV Locations Tour of Cardiff12 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs
Follow the trail of 'Doctor Who' around Cardiff on a 3-hour sightseeing tour by bus! The 3-hour TV locations tour is the perf...
Save 10%Gavin and Stacey TV Locations Tour of Barry Island6 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs
Head to Barry Island for a 3-hour Gavin and Stacey TV location tour aboard a bus used in the series! The popular British seri...
Save 7%Doctor Who Cardiff City Walking Tour2 Reviews
Duration: 2 Hrs 30 Mins
Two hour guided walking tour of more than 30 memorable Doctor Who filming locations in Cardiff City Centre featured in the sh...
Cardiff Castle Admission Ticket4 Reviews
Located in the heart of the Welsh capital, Cardiff Castle enjoys 2000 years of history. In the 19th Century, the Castle was t...Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Bristol
- Events & Festivals in Bath
- Events & Festivals in Exeter
- Events & Festivals in Weymouth
- Events & Festivals in Southampton
- Events & Festivals in Plymouth
- Events & Festivals in Northampton
- Events & Festivals in Chester
- Events & Festivals in London
- Events & Festivals in Edinburgh
- Events & Festivals in Manchester
- Events & Festivals in Liverpool
- Events & Festivals in St Andrews
- Events & Festivals in Leeds