Events and Festivals in Cardiff
Events and Festivals in Cardiff
- St. David’s Day Parade (1st): Colours and floats will fill up your surroundings as the city celebrates! This parade goes right through the city centre, creating quite an energetic, cheerful mood! Expect to see a lot of the city folk out on the streets celebrating.
- The Welsh Boat Race: This annual rowing race between the Swansea University Rowing Club and the Cardiff University Boat Club generates a lot of excitement! Come and see freshers, pros, the young, the old and all kinds of avid boaters oar up and race each other through River Taff.
- Cardiff Summer Festival (21st): This festival is free entry, spans over three months and features colourful parades, exciting live music and theatre, popular family entertainment and world class sporting events including the Extreme Sailing SeriesTM in Cardiff Bay. Expect a multitude of events themed around music, food and drink and local cuisine from June till early September.
- The Welsh Proms: As part of the Summer Festival, the magnificent Welsh Proms festival is a week-long carnival of music and dance that transcends age and genre! Hosted in the lovely National Concert Hall of Wales, this music fest should be a treat for the ears.
- The Cardiff Mela: A blast of Asian spice hits Cardiff during this time of the year, courtesy the Cardiff Mela. It celebrates many cultural aspects of Asian life, particularly music, dance, fashion and food.
- Cardiff Mardi Gras (16th): This is one of the biggest LGBT Pride events in the area and this giant street party type fete can be enjoyed by one and all. Expect funfair rides, a cultural market with arts and crafts, food, drink and picnic area, Stonewall Cymru's family zone and a social hub for the LGBT community offering advice and support.
- Winter Wonderland: Cardiff's Flybe Winter Wonderland entails seven weeks of family fun, so if you’re in the city during winter, make sure to have your warmest clothes and a pair of skates.
Trip plans for Cardiff
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
Cardiff Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Cardiff
5 Reviews Duration: 4 Hrs
Wales’ capital city has a thriving food scene – Welsh signature foods, ethnic and continental foods, traditional ...
Enjoy unlimited internet everywhere in Wales with 4G-LTE Pocket WiFi. Stay connected anytime and avoid data roaming charges f...
USD 94.51Book Now
6 Reviews Duration: 3 Hrs
Head to Barry Island for a 3-hour Gavin and Stacey TV location tour aboard a bus used in the series! The popular British seri...
USD 39.48Book Now
Duration: 4 Hrs 30 Mins
Discover the beauty and grace of Cardiff city with this city tour that takes you to its iconic arts and cultural destinations...
USD 19.81Book Now
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Events & Festivals In Portsmouth
- Events & Festivals In Reading
- Events & Festivals In Whitby
- Events & Festivals In Dunvegan
- Events & Festivals In Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Events & Festivals In York
- Events & Festivals In Oxford
- Events & Festivals In Sheffield
- Events & Festivals In Birmingham
- Events & Festivals In Blackpool
- Cities Near Cardiff
- Events & Festivals In London
- Events & Festivals In Edinburgh
- Events & Festivals In Manchester
- Events & Festivals In Bath
- Events & Festivals In Liverpool
- Events & Festivals In St Andrews
- Events & Festivals In Bristol
- Events & Festivals In Plymouth
- Events & Festivals In Leeds
- Events & Festivals In Southampton