Millennium Stadium633 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Westgate St, Cardiff CF10 1NS, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-8700138600
- Ticket Price: 7 GBP
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Stadium, Entertainment, Stage Show
Situated upon River Taft is the enormous and magnificent Millennium Stadium. With a capacity of up to 70,000 people and a sliding roof to boot, this arena has played host to innumerable legendary football matches, concerts and has become synonymous with rugby. Whether you’re here to watch an event, reminisce about the past or just take a guided tour, you won’t be disappointed.
The Stadium was built as a replacement for The Arms Park in 1999. Since its inception, numerous events have taken place that cemented this stadium in the hearts and minds of the Welsh. The massively popular Rugby World Cup inaugurated these beautifully maintained grounds, and it was here where Wales beat South Africa for the first time in 12 matches during the 1999 Rugby Union matches. History was made in 2007, when one of the biggest nights in boxing attracted 50,000 people to the arena to witness the night when Joe Calzaghe was emerged the Best Boxer in the World in the middleweight category. The prestigious FA Cup Finals enthralled the fans to bits within these walls from 2001-2006. Besides a huge array of legendary sporting nights, the arena has hosted concerts features world famous artists such as The Rolling Stones and Madonna. The Stadium’s even appeared in certain episodes of Doctor Who!
- If you visit during a rugby match, be sure to buy tickets. The true heart and soul of the stadium pours out when this nationwide favourite sport is played. The electric energy levels make this enormous stadium almost feel cramped!
- You can take guided tours around the arena during empty days, and you’ll be able to experience the dressing rooms, where numerous famous athletes and musicians have prepped before show time. You’ll get to sit in the Royal Box and hear the roar of tens of thousands of fans you walk down the players' tunnel towards the turf.
- You’ll get to learn a lot of trivia and fun facts about the several events that have taken place here.
Millennium Stadium Travel Tips
- Other Hours: Closed on Boxing Day.
- Tips and Warnings: The pitch is not always in situ for the purpose of viewing on the stadium tour, especially during the summer months, when this area is used for other events.
- Tours cannot be resold. If they have grounds to suspect that a tour E-Voucher has been re-sold or duplicated, they reserve the right to refuse admission and offer no refund.
- Please note that in the event of late arrivals you will miss some or all of your tour, and this will not be refundable.
- You cannot bring suitcases, large rucksacks and excessive shopping bags, etc. on the tour. There is no luggage storage space available. If you arrive with unsuitable luggage, you will be refused admission.
- There is walking involved on the tour so please wear appropriate footwear Stairs, lifts and escalators are used on the tour.
- All children 16yrs and under must be accompanied by an adult.
How to Reach Millennium Stadium
- Train: Millennium Stadium is situated within five minutes walk of Cardiff Central Railway Station.
- Bus: Millennium Stadium is situated within five minutes walk of Cardiff Central Bus Station.
- ZERODEGREES Cardiff (Microbrewery, English)
- Feather and Bone (Mezze, Tapas, Cocktails)
- The Mango House (Indian)
- Giovanni's Restaurant (Italian)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cardiff before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cardiff and book an accommodation of your choice.
38.39% of people who visit Cardiff include Millennium Stadium in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
79.75% of people start their Millennium Stadium visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Millennium Stadium
93.68% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Millennium Stadium