Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
About Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Westgate St, Cardiff CF10 1NS, United Kingdom
Ticket Price: 7 GBP
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 4.1K times in trip plans
Sport, Stadium, Entertainment, Stage Show
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Situated upon River Taft is the enormous and magnificent Millennium Stadium. With a capacity of up to 70,000 people and a sliding roof to boot, this arena has played host to innumerable legendary football matches, concerts and has become synonymous with rugby. Whether you’re here to watch an event, reminisce about the past or just take a guided tour, you won’t be disappointed.
The Stadium was built as a replacement for The Arms Park in 1999. Since its inception, numerous events have taken place that cemented this stadium in the hearts and minds of the Welsh. The massively popular Rugby World Cup inaugurated these beautifully maintained grounds, and it was here where Wales beat South Africa for the first time in 12 matches during the 1999 Rugby Union matches. History was made in 2007, when one of the biggest nights in boxing attracted 50,000 people to the arena to witness the night when Joe Calzaghe was emerged the Best Boxer in the World in the middleweight category. The prestigious FA Cup Finals enthralled the fans to bits within these walls from 2001-2006. Besides a huge array of legendary sporting nights, the arena has hosted concerts features world famous artists such as The Rolling Stones and Madonna. The Stadium’s even appeared in certain episodes of Doctor Who!
- If you visit during a rugby match, be sure to buy tickets. The true heart and soul of the stadium pours out when this nationwide favourite sport is played. The electric energy levels make this enormous stadium almost feel cramped!
- You can take guided tours around the arena during empty days, and you’ll be able to experience the dressing rooms, where numerous famous athletes and musicians have prepped before show time. You’ll get to sit in the Royal Box and hear the roar of tens of thousands of fans you walk down the players' tunnel towards the turf.
- You’ll get to learn a lot of trivia and fun facts about the several events that have taken place here.
Millennium Stadium Information
- Other Hours: Closed on Boxing Day.
- Tips and Warnings: The pitch is not always in situ for the purpose of viewing on the stadium tour, especially during the summer months, when this area is used for other events.
- Tours cannot be resold. If they have grounds to suspect that a tour E-Voucher has been re-sold or duplicated, they reserve the right to refuse admission and offer no refund.
- Please note that in the event of late arrivals you will miss some or all of your tour, and this will not be refundable.
- You cannot bring suitcases, large rucksacks and excessive shopping bags, etc. on the tour. There is no luggage storage space available. If you arrive with unsuitable luggage, you will be refused admission.
- There is walking involved on the tour so please wear appropriate footwear Stairs, lifts and escalators are used on the tour.
- All children 16yrs and under must be accompanied by an adult.
How To reach Millennium Stadium by Public Transport
- Train: Millennium Stadium is situated within five minutes walk of Cardiff Central Railway Station.
- Bus: Millennium Stadium is situated within five minutes walk of Cardiff Central Bus Station.
Restaurants Near Millennium Stadium
- ZERODEGREES Cardiff (Microbrewery, English)
- Feather and Bone (Mezze, Tapas, Cocktails)
- The Mango House (Indian)
- Giovanni's Restaurant (Italian)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cardiff before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cardiff and book an accommodation of your choice.
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff Reviews - Write a Review
Amazing stadium, great views of the pitch and the big screens. Get there early as the new security measures really slow entrance. Inside the ground I can recommend the "pie and pint" for £7. As far as stadium prices go, it's pretty good.
I am a debenture seat owner and go to all the home games. The stadium is amazing and the atmosphere out of this world. The only downfall today was it took over an hour to get through security checks which i understand we need but there should be more staff at the gates.
There was something about the ramshackle old stadium, the arms park as most people called it that was embedded with a sense of history that may come in time. The sight lines are fantastic. The noise amazing, concrete echoes and resonates more than wood
Amazing atmosphere. Security was thorough but not inconvenient. Well laid out. Nice food and drink inside. Prices as usual in these places are a rip off but to be expected.
Was a really good venue. Only down side was that if you tried to get a drink at any given moment it was far to busy. would be beneficial to have a drink system put in place.
- Nearby Attractions
- The Vaults
- The Clink Cymru
- Saint Davids
- Escape Rooms Cardiff
- Brecon Mountain Railway Co Ltd
- Cardiff, Central Station Ne2 (rear Entrance)
- The Angel Hotel
- Cardiff Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Cardiff
- What to See in 48 Hours in Cardiff
- What to See in 72 Hours in Cardiff
- How to Spend 5 Days in Cardiff
- How to Spend 6 Days in Cardiff
- How to Spend 7 Days in Cardiff