Visit Carmel-by-the-sea - Best of Carmel-by-the-sea
This is one of the places that you would wish remained a secret! You might initially judge this club like city by its size. But wait until the locals get out to strut all their fancy jazz! Owing to its laidback vibe and several resorts, the city was bestowed with the title of a resort town way back in the 18th century. Its beautiful location and quaint locales has several artists and writers being drawn to it. Thus, Carmel-by-the-Sea tourism is mostly dominated by a plethora of art galleries.
To feel the real beat of this city, however, all you have to do is take a stroll down its streets flanked by houses reminiscing those English countryside houses with peculiar stone architecture and chimneys. If you are planning to visit Carmel-by-the-Sea, don’t miss out on its attractions of Point Lobos State Reserve, Carmel City Beach/Carmel River Beach, Seventeen Mile Drive, Scenic Road Walkway and San Carlos Borromeo de Carmelo Mission among more.
Carmel-by-the-sea Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Carmel-by-the-sea tips for your visit
- Time Zone - Pacific Standard Time (PST). UTC/GMT -8hours.
- Currency - Currency used in Carmel by the sea is US Dollars (USD).
- Electricity - The standard electrical voltage in Carmel is 120 Volts and 60 Hertz alternating current. The power sockets used are of type A and B. Check your electrical devices for their voltage consumption and use adapters if necessary.
- Internet - Almost all the hotels in Carmel by the sea provide free WI-FI connectivity and there are free Wi-Fi hotspots throughout the city, especially in the major public spots.
- Languages - American English is the most widely spoken language in Carmel. Apart from English, Spanish and French are some of the other languages spoken in Carmel.
- Security - General Emergency: 911, Police Department: (831) 624-6403, Fire Department: (831) 620-2030.
- Tipping - Tipping is expected in Carmel by the sea. It is advisable to tip around 15-20% of the pre-tax bill.
- Customs - Be on time, because the Americans are very serious about punctuality. And be wary of your surroundings. Cleanliness and hygiene are much expected.
- Be sure to look after your belongings. Especially, when you are walking alone in the nights.
Are you looking for a Carmel-by-the-sea travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Carmel-by-the-sea Tourist Information
19 Views4 Days 3 Nights4 Day Trip to Carmel-by-the-sea from San Francisco
20 Views4 Days 3 Nights4 Day Trip to Carmel-by-the-sea from San Francisco
Popular Hotels in Carmel-by-the-seaView all Hotels in Carmel-by-the-sea
- Big Sur Tourism
- Santa Cruz Tourism
- Monterey Tourism
- San Jose Tourism
- San Francisco Tourism
- Oakland Tourism
- Paso Robles Tourism
- San Luis Obispo Tourism
- Fresno Tourism
- Pismo Beach Tourism
- Napa Tourism
- Sacramento Tourism
- Miami Tourism
- Los Angeles Tourism
- New York City Tourism
- Chicago Tourism
- Las Vegas Tourism
- Seattle Tourism
- Saint Louis Tourism
- Washington D. C. Tourism
Facts and Stats for Carmel-by-the-sea*
Living in Carmel-by-the-sea - Quality of Life
Climate Index 95.62 (Very High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.