How to Reach Carmel-by-the-sea - The Easiest Way to Reach Carmel-by-the-sea
- By Plane: Monterey Airport is the closest to the city of Carmel. From there you can reach Carmel by hailing a taxi or by riding on a bus.
- By Train: Carmel by the sea is not directly served by trains. You can make use of Amtrak's coast starlight and get down at Salinas which is closer to Carmel. From the station, you can use Amtrak bus service to reach Carmel.
- By Bus: Again there are no direct buses to Carmel. Get on the bus that operates from Monterey to Salinas.
- By Car: You can reach Carmel by sea on the road by either using Highway 1 or through Big Sur.
The town of Carmel can be easily explored on foot but if you want to explore the place completely, you can rent a car. Additionally, you can make use of the local buses available (which are few) and rent a bicycle.
Are you looking for a Carmel-by-the-sea travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Carmel-by-the-sea from Nearby Cities
|Los gatos to Carmel-by-the-sea||40.26 km||40 mins|
|San jose to Carmel-by-the-sea||45.81 km||45 mins|
|Palo alto to Carmel-by-the-sea||57.69 km||57 mins|
|Fremont to Carmel-by-the-sea||58.86 km||58 mins|
|San leandro to Carmel-by-the-sea||73.66 km||1 hour 13 mins|
|San mateo to Carmel-by-the-sea||74.46 km||1 hour 14 mins|
|Oakland to Carmel-by-the-sea||83.31 km||1 hour 23 mins|
|Monterey to Carmel-by-the-sea||84.98 km||1 hour 24 mins|
|San francisco to Carmel-by-the-sea||90.8 km||1 hour 30 mins|
|Sausalito to Carmel-by-the-sea||99.32 km||1 hour 39 mins|
- How to reach Carmel Valley
- How to reach Big Sur
- How to reach Santa Cruz
- How to reach Monterey
- How to reach San Jose
- How to reach San Francisco