Ever thought of spending your holiday in the midst of water and heritage buildings with the best clubbing scenes involved? The city of Cartagena was one of the major ports found in 1533, located on the northern coast of Colombia. It is the 5th largest city and 5th largest urban area in the country. Cartagena’s walled city was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city of Cartagena is full of Spanish Colonial architecture. The city is draped with beauty and do not mistake the architecturally pretty city with boring because it dons the young vibrant avatar just like other major cities in the world.
Visit the carnival month or the silent months, the city gives the feel of a vacation every time. The city might not be as exciting as the capital city but is definitely the coolest barrio you can spend your vacation in without even regretting an inch.
Essential travel information and Cartagena tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Colombia has only one time zone, Colombia Time (COT), located in the UTC-05:00zone, 5 hours behind the coordinated universal time.
- Currency: Colombian Pesos
- Electricity and InterneT: The availability of internet is not a problem in Cartagena, most of the hotels and places have Wi-Fi. All over Colombia electricity is 110 v. / 60 Hz with Type An American/Japanese plugs with two flat parallel pins, or Type B with an additional round ground pin.
- Languages: The main language is Spanish.
- National Police: 112
- Red Cross- 132
- Firemen: 119
- Boca Grande Guard: 6657676
- Disaster Attention: 111
- Coastguard: 146
- Airport General Information: 6666610
- Traffic: 127
- You should take a ride in Calandrias. The whole city can be explored in various ways so leave no stone unturned.
- 10% is usually the standard in entire Colombia. Get local money, they don’t accept dollars.
Cartagena Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Cartagena. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Cartagena trip planner.