How to Reach Cartagena - The Easiest Way to Reach Cartagena
- By Air: Rafael Nunez International Airport receives international flights from Panama City (COPA, Wingo), Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Atlanta, New York, Lima. There are several seasonal flights from many cities in Canada, also from Madrid, Quito, and Helsinki. A new non-stop flight to Amsterdam starts at the end of March 2017. There are domestic non-stop flights from Medellin, Cali, San Andres, Bogota, Pereira, Monteria, Barrancabermeja, Bucaramanga, and Cucuta. The low-cost airline Viv Colombia also serves the city. Cartagena is 1,000 km north of Bogota (about an hour by air), or a 2.5-hour flight from Miami. Reaching Cartagena isn’t a tough job to do.
- By Bus: The city has frequent White and Green metro-car buses which go to the old city. The buses connect to almost all the cities with an overnight journey.
- By Boat: Cartagena is a very important port for charter boats between Colombia and Panama. Though prefer the other modes of transport over this one.
- By Foot: The best way to explore the city of Cartagena, the old town, especially is by foot. The up-market and all-inclusive hotels are located in the vicinity of Boca Grande, explore them by walking around. Go easy on the pocket while being touristy.
- By Taxi: Taxis are easily available other than in the old town where you might have to walk a little to find one. The only catch is there are no taxis with meters so you bargaining skills can be of major use. Colectivos are available with fixed routes. Point your index finger to avail one. Completing the aura of the old town are the Chariot which is a popular way used by tourists.
- By Boat: Cartagena is loaded with harbors for boats. The boat rides include lunch and a round-trip ticket also where you can come back after several days also.
Are you looking for a Cartagena travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Cartagena
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Cartagena. The most preferred mode of transport in Cartagena is Car.
Average distance: 13 km Average time: 30 min
Car 66.67%Driving 22.5 min Overall average time for 17 kms 22.5 min
Walking 33.33%Walking 25 min Driving 20 min Overall average time for 5 kms 45 min
How to Reach Cartagena from Nearby Cities
|Cartagena to Cartagena||2.81 km||2 mins|
|Medellín to Cartagena||114.79 km||1 hour 54 mins|
|Manizales to Cartagena||127.06 km||2 hours 7 mins|
|Bogota to Cartagena||230.04 km||3 hours 50 mins|
|Bogotà d.c. to Cartagena||232.32 km||3 hours 52 mins|
|Jupiter to Cartagena||635.81 km||10 hours 35 mins|
|Raleigh to Cartagena||712.23 km||11 hours 52 mins|
|Alexandria to Cartagena||714.27 km||11 hours 54 mins|
|Orlando to Cartagena||759.69 km||12 hours 39 mins|
|Venice to Cartagena||841.74 km||14 hours 1 mins|