How to Reach Cartagena
The Easiest Way to Reach Cartagena
- By Air: Rafael Nunez International Airport receives international flights from Panama City (COPA, Wingo), Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Atlanta, New York, Lima. There are several seasonal flights from many cities in Canada, also from Madrid, Quito, and Helsinki. A new non-stop flight to Amsterdam starts at the end of March 2017. There are domestic non-stop flights from Medellin, Cali, San Andres, Bogota, Pereira, Monteria, Barrancabermeja, Bucaramanga, and Cucuta. The low-cost airline Viv Colombia also serves the city. Cartagena is 1,000 km north of Bogota (about an hour by air), or a 2.5-hour flight from Miami. Reaching Cartagena isn’t a tough job to do.
- By Bus: The city has frequent White and Green metro-car buses which go to the old city. The buses connect to almost all the cities with an overnight journey.
- By Boat: Cartagena is a very important port for charter boats between Colombia and Panama. Though prefer the other modes of transport over this one.
- By Foot: The best way to explore the city of Cartagena, the old town, especially is by foot. The up-market and all-inclusive hotels are located in the vicinity of Boca Grande, explore them by walking around. Go easy on the pocket while being touristy.
- By Taxi: Taxis are easily available other than in the old town where you might have to walk a little to find one. The only catch is there are no taxis with meters so you bargaining skills can be of major use. Colectivos are available with fixed routes. Point your index finger to avail one. Completing the aura of the old town are the Chariot which is a popular way used by tourists.
- By Boat: Cartagena is loaded with harbors for boats. The boat rides include lunch and a round-trip ticket also where you can come back after several days also.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Cartagena and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Cartagena
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Cartagena. The most preferred mode of transport in Cartagena is Walking.
Average distance: 8.5 km Average time: 30 min
Walking 50%Walking 25 min Driving 20 min Overall average time for 5 kms 45 min
Car 50%Driving 15 min Overall average time for 12 kms 15 min
- How to reach Cities Near Cartagena
- How to reach Medellín
- How to reach Chengue
- How to reach San Andres
- How to reach Los Alamos
- How to reach Aguachica
- How to reach Los Angeles
- How to reach Soledad - Atlantico
- How to reach Fundación
- How to reach Patagonia
- How to reach Cartagena
- How to reach Nicaragua
- How to reach Popayan
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Whaddon
- How to reach Sheringham
- How to reach Napal Putih
- How to reach Hunter
- How to reach Rosice
- How to reach Varėna
- How to reach Culver
- How to reach Beydağ
- How to reach Haiger
- How to reach Istambul