Baluarte De Santo DomingoCurrently Open
- Address: Playa de la Artillería, Cartagena, Bolivar, Colombia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +57-56566803
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: View Point, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Though there are many bastions protecting Cartagena, this one is special. It was here that the first construction on the city walls of Cartagena began in the 17th century. Construction began here as this was the location where Drake had begun his attack in 1586. The style of military fortification is Italian. The top of the bastion has now been taken over by the Cafe del Mar; however, the cannons remain in place. Even if you don’t come up here to eat, visit for views of the coast and the Caribbean Sea. Spend a few moments pondering what an intimidating sights the bastion must be.
Some people say this bastion has the best sunset views of any spot in Cartagena.
How to Reach Baluarte De Santo Domingo
- Drive to here from outside of Old Town.
- Walk or cycle to here from inside Old Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cartagena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cartagena and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Baluarte De Santo Domingo Address: Playa de la Artillería, Cartagena, Bolivar, Colombia
- Baluarte De Santo Domingo Contact Number: +57-56566803
- Baluarte De Santo Domingo Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Baluarte De Santo Domingo(preferred time): 11:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Baluarte De Santo Domingo: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!