Casa De Gabriel Garcia MarquezCurrently Open
- Address: Cra. 4, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +57-56600974
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids
The colonial era La Merced cloister has been put to various uses through history. Constructed in 1625, it has been used in turn as a barracks, prison, court, and is now under the management of the University of Cartagena. Garcia’s original home was Cartagena, his most popular book, ‘Love in the time of Cholera’, was set in this city. So, it was only fitting that a portion of his ashes were brought here. In the center of the arcaded courtyard you’ll see a bust of ‘Gabo’, as the author was popularly known. Beneath that bust are the author’s ashes. And those who have read Gabo’s books will find a special meaning in the yellow butterflies fluttering about. For many readers, this is a site of pilgrimage.
Casa De Gabriel Garcia Marquez Travel Tips
- Opening hours provided here were taken from a secondary source and might not be reliable.
How to Reach Casa De Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Drive to here from outside of Old Town.
- Walk or cycle to here from inside Old Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cartagena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cartagena and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Casa De Gabriel Garcia Marquez Address: Cra. 4, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
- Casa De Gabriel Garcia Marquez Contact Number: +57-56600974
- Casa De Gabriel Garcia Marquez Timing: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Casa De Gabriel Garcia Marquez(preferred time): 08:00 am - 11:00 am
- Time required to visit Casa De Gabriel Garcia Marquez: 00:15 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!