Casa Del Marquez De ValdehoyosCurrently Open [Closes at 12:00 pm]
- Address: Cra. 3 #3657, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +57-13826999
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Once owned by slave and flour trader Marquis de Valdehoyos, this building is today the location of the Chancellery of the Republic. The building is a classic colonial example from the 17th century - yellow facade, two stories, balconies and a rear courtyard. Inside, the floors and ceilings are wooden. Apparently even Simon Bolivar once lived in one of the rooms of this house. From atop the spiral staircase on the third floor the house provides a wonderful view of the sea and the harbour. For the public, the building primarily functions as a cultural events and conferences space; make sure to find out about upcoming events before your visit to the city.
Entrance Ticket Details For Casa Del Marquez De Valdehoyos
- Admission prices may depend on the event.
Casa Del Marquez De Valdehoyos Hours
- The hours given here may not be accurate. Call the attraction and confirm visiting times ahead of your visit.
How to Reach Casa Del Marquez De Valdehoyos
- Drive to Old Town or take taxi.
- Walk or Cycle to here from inside Old Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cartagena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cartagena and book an accommodation of your choice.
Casa Del Marquez De Valdehoyos Reviews & Ratings
One of Catagena's jewels. A must see.
Great place for history.
The government has taken over the building and it is no longer available for tours - 05/18/18
Beautiful building but i wasn't allowed to enter