Iglesia De La Tercera OrdenCurrently Closed
- Address: #8b- a, Cl. 25 #8b237, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Completed in 1735, this used to be part of a larger religious complex that also included the church of San Francisco (which is now the defunct theatre) and the cloister. The great military engineer don Juan Bautista MacEvan is buried at this church, as are others who worked in his profession. Historically, this was the seat of the Cofradía de la Virgen de los Dolores. It’s a striking and yet simple looking church, with white walls and a red tiled roof. On the outside, check out the carillon. Inside, see the Baroque headstone. It’s one of those overlooked gems of Cartagena, and it definitely deserves a visit.
Iglesia De La Tercera Orden Hours
- The opening hours given here are similar to those of other churches in the city but may not be reliable. Confirm opening hours with the attraction before your visit.
How to Reach Iglesia De La Tercera Orden
- Drive to here from outside of Old Town.
- Walk or cycle to here from inside Old Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cartagena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cartagena and book an accommodation of your choice.