Iglesia San Roque
- Address: Media Luna 10 #29-222, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
- Phone: +57-56642512
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
This church was constructed in 1674 in honor of the saint who, when tending to those infected with the plague, became struck with the illness himself. As he retreated to a mountain to die, he came across a miraculous spring of water, which brought an angel that healed his illness. The church celebrates his feast on August 16th. Even though the tale of the saint is from the 14th century, the construction of this church was spurred by the infestation of that same disease in the 17th century here in Cartagena. It was the seat of the religious order of San Juan de Dios. The church has a simple facade and interior.
Iglesia San Roque Hours
- The opening hours given here are similar to those of other churches in the city but may not be reliable. Confirm opening hours with the attraction before your visit.
How to Reach Iglesia San Roque
- Drive to here from outside of Old Town.
- Walk or cycle to here from inside Old Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cartagena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cartagena and book an accommodation of your choice.
Iglesia San Roque Reviews & Ratings
It's a very small church but beautiful. One of the three that has Getsemani neighborhood. Very difficult to find it open though
Es historia del sector de Getsemaní, es acogedora, sencilla, la tienen bien cuidada. Vale la pena conocerla.
Pequeña y Acogedora