Isla Grande8 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Isla Grande Bolivar Colombia, Cartagena Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Island, Family And Kids
A 45-minute boat ride from Cartagena will bring you to the best island retreat in this area of the Caribbean. This one is the largest of the Rosario Islands, and is also the only one that is home to a full time native population. Tours usually don’t ply to the island as most of it is private property. And yet it is still a delight to walk around the island town, known as Orica. The ambience is very laid back, the locals are fun, and they have employed unusual tricks to minimise waste. Swimming at Laguna Encantada at night will create a bioluminescent effect. Snorkelling in the warm waters will reveal some beautiful coral reefs. Walking through the vegetation of the island is quite an adventure. Or you can skip all that and just laze at the Cocoterra Beach, where you arrive and depart the island.
Isla Grande Travel Tips
- Bring your mosquitoe repellant.
Entrance Ticket Details For Isla Grande
- Boats to Isla Grande can cost between COP 60000- COP 90000.
How to Reach Isla Grande
- Take a boat from Cartagena’s La Bodeguita pier.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cartagena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cartagena and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Isla Grande Address: Isla Grande Bolivar Colombia, Cartagena
- Isla Grande Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Isla Grande(preferred time): 08:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Time required to visit Isla Grande: 06:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!