Museo Del Oro Zenu, CartagenaCurrently Open
- Address: Cra. 4 #3326, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +57-56600778
- Ticket Price: 4000 COP
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
About Museo Del Oro Zenu, Cartagena
Not all of the gold the Spanish plundered from South America was lost. Some of it, precious remnants of the pre-columbian civilizations of the Zenu people, survived. These exquisitely crafted artifacts are on display at this museum on Plaza Bolivar. In addition to gold you will also find ceramics, exhibitions on the burial of the dead, and an explanation of ancient drainage systems. There is also a small collection of shells and lithics. The Spanish plunder of the graves of these people for their gold financed to the initial years of the city. Even though this isn't as big a museum as the Museum of Gold in Bogota it's worth a quick stop.
Museo Del Oro Zenu Information
- Flash photography and tripods not allowed.
- Wheelchair accessible.
Museo Del Oro Zenu Ticket Prices
- Free on Sundays.
- Free for kids under 12 years of age and address over 60.
Museo Del Oro Zenu Opening and Closing Hours
Last entry 1 hour before closing time.
Tuesday to Friday-
- Spanish 11 a.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m.
- English 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Spanish 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m.
- English 10 a.m., 4 p.m.
How To reach Museo Del Oro Zenu by Public Transport
- Drive to here or take a taxi from outside Old Town.
- Walk to here from inside Old Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cartagena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cartagena and book an accommodation of your choice.
Museo Del Oro Zenu, Cartagena Reviews
Super friendly and free. Not too much to see compared to other gold museums. It was very nice and cool inside. Clean bathroom ❤️
The museum is free and there are a ton of various golden artifacts to look at, from ancient jewelry to ceremonial items. There are a few guards standing watch but as long as you don't use flash you're free to take pictures.
Great to read about the history of Gold in Colombia. A great space to explore. Everything written in both English and Spanish.
Small but pretty good and has air conditioning.
Not as big as it's counterpart in Bogota but lovely little museum and it is free.
All Questionsmuseo del oro zenu
- Attractions near Museo Del Oro Zenu
- Muelle De Los Pegasos
- Iglesia De La Tercera Orden
- Monumento Pedro De Heredia
- Portal De Los Dulces
- Galeon Bucanero Museum
- Centro De Convenciones Cartagena De Indias
- Parque Del Cangrejo Azul
- Naval Museum
- Bocagrande Beach
- Baluarte De Santo Domingo
- Monumento Del Mastil
- Plaza Fernandez Madrid