Museo Del Oro ZenuCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Cra. 4 #3326, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +57-56600778
- Ticket Price: 4000 COP
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts
Museo Del Oro Zenu - Review
Not all of the gold the Spanish plundered from South America was lost. Some of it, precious remnants of the pre-columbian civilizations of the Zenu people, survived. These exquisitely crafted artifacts are on display at this museum on Plaza Bolivar. In addition to gold you will also find ceramics, exhibitions on the burial of the dead, and an explanation of ancient drainage systems. There is also a small collection of shells and lithics. The Spanish plunder of the graves of these people for their gold financed to the initial years of the city. Even though this isn't as big a museum as the Museum of Gold in Bogota it's worth a quick stop.
Museo Del Oro Zenu Information
- Flash photography and tripods not allowed.
- Wheelchair accessible.
Museo Del Oro Zenu Ticket Prices
- Free on Sundays.
- Free for kids under 12 years of age and address over 60.
Museo Del Oro Zenu Opening and Closing Hours
- Last entry 1 hour before closing time.
Tuesday to Friday-
- Spanish 11 a.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m.
- English 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Spanish 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m.
- English 10 a.m., 4 p.m.
How To reach Museo Del Oro Zenu by Public Transport
- By car or take a taxi from outside Old Town.
- Walk to here from inside Old Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cartagena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cartagena and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Museo Del Oro Zenu
1.42% of people who visit Cartagena include Museo Del Oro Zenu in their plan
66.67% of people start their Museo Del Oro Zenu visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Museo Del Oro Zenu
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museo Del Oro Zenu
Museo Del Oro Zenu Map
Museo Del Oro Zenu Trips
Museo Del Oro Zenu, Cartagena Reviews
The museum is really interesting, but small compared to the one in Bogotá. The main thing is to learn about the Zenú people and their life. I found the different weaving patterns by the different groups also very interesting. It is nice that it is free and there are English translations of the texts.
Super friendly and free. Not too much to see compared to other gold museums. It was very nice and cool inside. Clean bathroom ❤️
The museum is free and there are a ton of various golden artifacts to look at, from ancient jewelry to ceremonial items. There are a few guards standing watch but as long as you don't use flash you're free to take pictures.
Great to read about the history of Gold in Colombia. A great space to explore. Everything written in both English and Spanish.
View historic pieces of gold crafted in Colombia and more.
All QuestionsMuseo del oro zenu
- St. Catherine Of Alexandria Cathedral
- Museo Del Oro Y Arqueologia Sinu
- Almacen El Centavo Menos
- Palace Of The Inquisition Cartagena Historical Museum
- Biblioteca Bartolome Calvo
- Casa Del Marques De Premio Real
- Parque Del Centenario
- Monumento Pedro De Heredia
- Galeon Bucanero Museum
- Fuerte San Sebastian De Pastelillo
- Parque Espiritu Del Manglar
- Monumento A La Palenquera
- Surprise View
- The Bond Museum
- Keswick Library
- Suffolk Rambling Club
- Trance Mobile Disco
- Trimley Free Church
- Trimley Railway Station
- Historical Suffolk Research Services
- St George Modbury
- The Thatches Holiday Village
- Brownston Gallery
- Pennymoor Camping & Carvan Park
- Camping & Caravanning Club
- Moor View Touring Park
- St Mary's R C Church