Museo Del Oro ZenuCurrently Closed
- Address: Cra. 4 #3326, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +57-56600778
- Ticket Price: 4000 COP
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts
Not all of the gold the Spanish plundered from South America was lost. Some of it, precious remnants of the pre-columbian civilizations of the Zenu people, survived. These exquisitely crafted artifacts are on display at this museum on Plaza Bolivar. In addition to gold you will also find ceramics, exhibitions on the burial of the dead, and an explanation of ancient drainage systems. There is also a small collection of shells and lithics. The Spanish plunder of the graves of these people for their gold financed to the initial years of the city. Even though this isn't as big a museum as the Museum of Gold in Bogota it's worth a quick stop.
- Flash photography and tripods not allowed.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Free on Sundays.
- Free for kids under 12 years of age and address over 60.
- Last entry 1 hour before closing time.
Tuesday to Friday-
- Spanish 11 a.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m.
- English 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Spanish 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m.
- English 10 a.m., 4 p.m.
- By car or take a taxi from outside Old Town.
- Walk to here from inside Old Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cartagena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cartagena and book an accommodation of your choice.
Beautiful stuff. English translations. Small museum. Free admission. What more could you want?
The museum is really interesting, but small compared to the one in Bogotá. The main thing is to learn about the Zenú people and their life. I found the different weaving patterns by the different groups also very interesting. It is nice that it is free and there are English translations of the texts.
Super friendly and free. Not too much to see compared to other gold museums. It was very nice and cool inside. Clean bathroom ❤️
View historic pieces of gold crafted in Colombia and more.
Great to read about the history of Gold in Colombia. A great space to explore. Everything written in both English and Spanish.