Museum Of Modern Art, CartagenaCurrently Closed
- Address: Plaza San Pedro Claver Calle 30 No. 4-08, Cartagena, Colombia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +57-6645815
- Ticket Price: 8000 COP
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museum, Museum, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
About Museum Of Modern Art, Cartagena
Opened in 1979 the museum is housed in a historic building of two wings. The first among these was the 17th century Customs Office of the Port of Cartagena de Indias, and the second was a 19th century extension of wineries from that era. The first floor hosts rotating exhibits of the museum’s permanent collections - Latin American painting, contemporary Colombian art, graphics, sculpture, abstract art, and the works of Alejandro Obregón and Enrique Grau. The second floor is where temporary exhibitions are held; check the museum website calendar to know more about them. The museum isn’t very large, but the collection is well curated, and worth the price of admission.
An unexpected gem near the north garden of the museum is the shop. With a fantastic selection of catalogs, postcards, materials related to the exhibitions, reproductions of works of art, various miniature sculptures, and many other curiosities, the shop enchants everyone who steps in. This is one of the best places in the city to get a souvenir.
Museum Of Modern Art Information
- Flash photography is not permitted.
- Guided tours of the museum can be arranged by email.
Museum Of Modern Art Ticket Prices
- The last Sunday of each month free entrance starting from 10 a.m.
- COP 4000 for kids.
How To reach Museum Of Modern Art by Public Transport
- Drive to here or take a taxi from outside Old Town.
- Walk to here from inside Old Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cartagena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cartagena and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Museum Of Modern Art
15.74% of people who visit Cartagena include Museum Of Modern Art in their plan
76.47% of people start their Museum Of Modern Art visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Museum Of Modern Art
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Of Modern Art
Museum Of Modern Art, Cartagena Reviews
Obras únicas vale la pena visitar. Recomendado
I love this museum, it's someting special find them inside the walled city, near the church and the lot of colonial details
Good modern art. Actually a very nice collection in a unique setting!
A little expensivr. Nice exposition
Some very wonderful modern art. No ac but worth the suffering.
All QuestionsMuseum of modern art
- Attractions near Museum Of Modern Art
- Muelle De Los Pegasos
- Iglesia De La Tercera Orden
- Monumento Pedro De Heredia
- Portal De Los Dulces
- Galeon Bucanero Museum
- Centro De Convenciones Cartagena De Indias
- Nh Galeria
- Cementerio Santa Cruz De Manga
- Casa Del Marquez De Valdehoyos
- Biblioteca Bartolome Calvo
- Espigon De Las Tenazas
- Parque Reloj Solar