Plaza BolivarCurrently Open
- Address: Inquiscion, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Monument, Plaza, Square, Family And Kids
About Plaza Bolivar, Cartagena
Over the centuries, the plaza has taken its various names from the monuments that surround it. At first it was the church, when it was called the Plaza de la Iglesia. When the Holy Tribunal of the Inquisition set up operations here in 1614, it became known as Plaza de Inquisición. Today, it’s a shady hangout surrounded by beautiful colonial structures - the Baroque Inquisition Palace, the Government Palace, the Gold Museum and the Bank of the Republic. People usually come here for some respite from the heat. You might see some people playing chess. In the evening, it tends to become lively with dancers and musicians. There’s a large 1896 statue of Simon Bolivar sitting astride a horse in the center of the square.
How To reach Plaza Bolivar by Public Transport
- Drive to here or take a taxi from outside Old Town.
- Walk to here from inside Old Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cartagena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cartagena and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Plaza Bolivar
95% of people who visit Cartagena include Plaza Bolivar in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
26.64% of people start their Plaza Bolivar visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Plaza Bolivar
62.06% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Plaza Bolivar
Plaza Bolivar Map
Plaza Bolivar Trips
Plaza Bolivar, Cartagena Reviews
it's a large square in Bogota where the governmemt resides. In the same are there are nice colonial houses. That area is Candalaria. Worth a visit by daytime.
Just a small park filled with locals. Nothing special. It is OK to stop and take a break if pass by.
This literally is one of my favorite places to see traditional folk dances and Afrocolombian dances! Excellent place
Gabo slept here when he arrived in Cartagena.
Beautiful! Such a cool piece of history! The signs with explanations were well written!
All QuestionsPlaza bolivar
- Murrayville United Methodist Church
- Double L Quarter Horses
- Murrayville Baptist Church
- Murrayville United Methodist Parsonage
- Sandy Creek Baptist Assoc
- Murrayville House Of Prayer
- Little Egypt Woodmen Camp
- Faith Church Of God
- St Paul's Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Calvary Southern Baptist Church
- West Frankfort Bowl
- Depot Veterans Memorial & Coal Miner's Memorial
- Third Baptist Church
- Harmony Freewill Baptist Church
- Strawberry Meadows