Plaza Santo DomingoCurrently Open
- Address: Cl. 35, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +57-3158312478
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Monument, Cafe, Square, Family And Kids
Plaza Santo Domingo - Review
Today this pretty square is one of the city's favorite hangouts. There are a plethora of restaurants, cafes and bars surrounding it, and almost all of them offer delicious fare. Hundreds of tables spill out from the restaurants into the plaza. The eateries themselves are housed inside oldbuildings of charming architecture. Buskers entertain you as you eat.
But a long time ago during the infamous Inquisitions, the square was a place of execution and religious murder. The name of the square is taken from the Santo Domingo Church in the corner. Look at the church tower steeple and it might seem crooked. It is said the Devil himself shook down the tower right before its completion.
And in the middle of the square you will see a rather lascivious monument - the statue of “Gorda” Gertrude by Fernando Botero. It is said that if you fondle one of the statues gigantic breasts, you will have long and fulfilling sexual relationships.
Plaza Santo Domingo Opening and Closing Hours
- After the establishments at this square begin to close around 1am at night, revelers usually move on to plaza de Santa Teresa.
How To reach Plaza Santo Domingo by Public Transport
- Walk to here from inside Old Town.
- Drive or take a taxi to here from outside Old Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cartagena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cartagena and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Plaza Santo Domingo
95% of people who visit Cartagena include Plaza Santo Domingo in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
28.94% of people start their Plaza Santo Domingo visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Plaza Santo Domingo
68.36% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Plaza Santo Domingo
Plaza Santo Domingo Map
Plaza Santo Domingo Trips
1 View15 Days 14 Nights15 Day Trip to Medellin, Bogota, Cartagena from WiBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Bogota, Medellin, Cartagena
Plaza Santo Domingo, Cartagena Reviews
Amazing place, i recomend that place when you goint to visit Cartagena de Indias.
Great location and good pizza. One person can almost eat a whole pizza though.
Nice relaxing place full of restaurants and you won't have to deal with many street vendors approaching you here.
The Botero sculpture is a delight This is a lively and fun plaza that is pretty quiet during the day, but comes alive before sunset. Chairs and tables start to fill with locals and tourists, and the atmosphere becomes electric. Musicians and singers come out to entertain. There is a beautiful church here, as well as a voluptuous Botero statue.
Good vibe, plenty of restaurants excellent place to hang out at night.
All QuestionsPlaza santo domingo
- Palace Of The Inquisition Cartagena Historical Museum
- St. Catherine Of Alexandria Cathedral
- Casa Del Marquez De Valdehoyos
- Biblioteca Bartolome Calvo
- Nh Galeria
- Baluarte De Santo Domingo
- Almacen El Centavo Menos
- Naval Museum
- Iglesia San Roque
- Portal De Los Dulces
- Centro De Convenciones Cartagena De Indias
- Monumento A La Palenquera
- The Whisky Shop Dufftown
- Dufftown Distillery Walk
- Nairn Beach Lochloy Holiday Park
- Mortlach Primary School
- Keith & Dufftown Railway Association
- Dufftown Library
- Joseph Brown & Sons
- Dufftown Tourist Information Centre
- Ballyhalbert Caravan Park
- Kingfisher Upvc South Wales
- D D Racing
- Green Lawn Social Club
- Schools Literacy & Resource Centre
- Helen O'Grady Childrens Drama Academy
- Pontypool & New Inn Railway Station