Portal De Los Dulces339 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Cra. 5 #33-15, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Entertainment, Market, Family And Kids
This colorful corridor could not possibly have a more wildly contrasting function today than the one it used to serve in the past. The spectacular variety of confectionery sold here today has given it the name the Portal of Sweets, but in the colonial era it was known as the Portal of the Slaves. This was the city's largest slave market and vendors would sell their human wares under the very arches you see today. The treats are pretty cheap, and make for an interesting souvenir to take back home. Most of them are handmade and made from fruit. It is right below the clocktower.
Portal De Los Dulces Hours
- The sweets are usually sold Monday - Friday 7:30am-6pm.
How to Reach Portal De Los Dulces
- By car or take a taxi from outside Old Town.
- Walk to here from inside Old Town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cartagena before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cartagena and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Portal De Los Dulces Address: Cra. 5 #33-15, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
- Portal De Los Dulces Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Portal De Los Dulces(preferred time): 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Portal De Los Dulces: 00:20 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!