The Castillo De San Felipe De BarajasCurrently Open
- Address: Cra. 17, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Tags: Family And Kids, Fort
The Castillo De San Felipe De Barajas is an imposing fortress built on hilltop in the 1600’s with complex tunnel system. This is supposedly the greatest Spanish fortress built in their colonies, thanks to its location on the forty metre high San Lazaro Hill from where it can dominate the cityscape. As you visit the Castillo De San Felipe De Barajas, you will understand its impregnable feature that was ensured by the tunnel system with strategic points of connection with the fort so that evacuation during emergency would be easy. The reverberation in the tunnels not only helped in internal communication but also in being cautious about enemy approach. Audio tours and the lighted tour through some of the tunnels will be lifetime experience.
How to Reach The Castillo De San Felipe De Barajas
- Rented Car/ Taxi
- The Castillo De San Felipe De Barajas Address: Cra. 17, Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
- The Castillo De San Felipe De Barajas Timing: 24-hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!