Cascais Old Town, Cascais
About Cascais Old Town, Cascais
Cascais Old Town, Cascais - Address
Address: Cascais, Portugal
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 49.3K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Waterfront, Walking Area, Entertainment, Tourist Center, Market, Street Market, Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Town, Architecture , Picnic Spot, Street Food, Neighborhoods , Old Town, Exhibition , Fair
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
If you are looking to take a break from fast paced Lisbon, you will find sanctuary in the Cascais Old Town.
The area has a mad rush of tourists annually but mercifully lacks the overwhelming crowds and cacophony that are so characteristic of such places. The beautiful laid back atmosphere of the town is absolutely endearing. Visitors will find the local people to be quite polite and charming.
- Visitors can enjoy breath taking harbour views at the Old Town. You can sit by the water front and take in the peace and beauty of the sunset with a loved one.
- A lot of people come to Cascais for water sports at this bay area.
- A walk through this Old Town truly opens up the traditions and culture of Portugal to you. The area has many old buildings designed with tile works and walled gardens, something that is a rare sight today in urban Portugal.
- The area also has a lovely beach side promenade as well as a bike path. Rent a bike from the town and ride it all the way to Guincho beach. You can take the path to Estoril and take along a picnic.
- The Old Town is a wonderful little place for getting your hands on some handmade trinkets, souvenirs, clothes and portwine.
The cobbled streets of Cascais Old Town have plenty of good cafes and restaurants. You will find some of the best sardine and fish preparations at these places and at very reasonable prices. At the waterfront, you will be spoilt for choice of restaurants with owners coming up to you and almost wanting to hustle you in. And if you are lucky, a local musician or two might just come up to you at dinner and serenade you.
Train to Lisbon and Sintra are available.
Walk through the nostalgic lanes of Cascais Old Town and discover the beauty of the past recollected in present. As you buy tickets for Cascais Old Town tours, you get to hear some of the most interesting stories that populate this place. Whether on bike or on cycle, the Cascais Old Town tickets take you through the most exciting journey ever into the past. As the Cascais Old Town ticket prices are affordable, you get the best of the deals with us. Tickets for Cascais Old Town are readily available, don’t miss to book them!
Cascais Old Town Information
- The cobbled streets of the Old Town are no friends to your heels. Wear flats to this neighbourhood.
- The streets are also not ideal for wheelchairs or pushchairs.
How To reach Cascais Old Town by Public Transport
- By train: Cascais Train Station
Restaurants Near Cascais Old Town
- Restaurante O Poeta
- Palmtree International Pub and Restaurant
- Chequers Bar
- Restaurante Abano
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cascais before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cascais and book an accommodation of your choice.
Cascais Old Town, Cascais Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Dom Diniz
- Gelados Santini
- Marisco Na Praça
- Taberna Clandestina
- Restaurante Avenida
- Farol Hotel
- Cascais Market
- Restaurante Melody
- Cascais Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Cascais
- What to See in 48 Hours in Cascais
- What to See in 72 Hours in Cascais
- How to Spend 5 Days in Cascais
- How to Spend 6 Days in Cascais
- How to Spend 7 Days in Cascais