Parque Marechal Carmona, Cascais
Parque Marechal Carmona, Cascais - Address
Address: Avenida Rei Umberto II de Itália, 2750-327 Cascais, Portugal
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 05:45 pm Details
Added 9.4K times in trip plans
Library, Outdoors, Park, Landmark, Zoo, Cafe, Tourist Center, Leisure, Market, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Parque Marechal Carmona, Cascais
The Marechal Carmona was previously known as Gandarinha Park and has been a space for leisure and recreation since the 16th century. It was a favourite with the local and foreign nobility and today harbours the lavish 17th century mansion Museu Condes de Castro Guimaraes.
The expansive lawns are lined with beautiful plants, flower beds, large trees and has several ponds as well.
- Parque Marechal Carmona hosts a farmkers market every Saturday. It is a good opportunity to sample some organic veggies and fruits, bakery items and fish.
- Visitors should check out the terrace café situated next to a lake.
- Marechal Carmona has a children’s library which conducts numerous story telling sessions and workshops.
- There is also a children’s playground on the park premises to keep the young ones busy while you can take a moment to unwind in the tranquil park. They will especially enjoy the mini-zoo with peacocks, ducks, turtles and chickens.
Parque Marechal Carmona Information
- Restroom facilities are available.
- Wi-Fi facility available.
Parque Marechal Carmona Opening and Closing Hours
- The opening hours vary from season to season. The summer timing for the park is 08:30 am to 07:45 pm.
Restaurants Near Parque Marechal Carmona
- Jardim Cerveja
- Restaurante Belvedere
- Restaurante The Mix
- Restaurante Confraria
- Baia do Peixe – Rodizio de Peixe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cascais before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cascais and book an accommodation of your choice.
Parque Marechal Carmona, Cascais Reviews - Write a Review
It's got to be one of the best parks I've visited in Europe.... You could feel yourself start to relax as you wander around the immaculately maintained and clean park... Loved the randomly laid out deckchairs and various chickens and birds that are just wandering around..
A great park with a lot of activities. The trees are beautiful and the cocks are running around everywhere. We enjoyed our stay especially at the childrens playground with a lot of different toys and activity scaffolds. Definitely worth a stay with less tourists than in the center
This park is like a dream. They have chickens, roosters, and peacocks roaming the grounds. We were there when many chickens were hatching their young so many little baby chicks running around also.
It's a nice place to bring your kids to! There's a kids' library, a playground, toilet facilities and a cafe. It is also a 10 minute walk to the beach and to the nearest Mcdonald's
This is a beautiful park with lots to see. There are birds throughout, including peacocks, parrots, ducks and chickens. There are ponds and gardens. Even play areas for the kids. Throughout the year there are also special exhibitions.