Basilica Della CollegiataCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Via Etnea, 3, 95124 Catania CT, Italy
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-095313447
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Also known as Santa Maria Dell’ Elemosina, this church in Catania is a classic example of Sicilian Baroque style of architecture. Dating back to the 18th century, the design of the church is attributed to the Angelo Italia who changes the orientation of the previous structure that stood on the ground of the church and destroyed in the devastating earthquake of 17th century. The majestic facade was designed by Stefano Ittar and exhibits stunning architectural beauty.
The church has two orders; the first one features six tone columns and the second one has four large statues.
- Six stone columns surmounted by a balustrade.
- Statues of St. Peter, St. Paul, St. Agatha and St. Apollonia
- High altar, with an icon of the Virgin with a Child
- The Immaculate altar followed by a marble balustrade; over which is a marble statue of the Madonna.
- The basilica plan, with a nave and two aisles divided by two pilasters, and three apses
- 18th-century wooden organ and a wooden choir.
- Holy Sacrament Chapel
- Frescos and bells
Basilica Della Collegiata Hours
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Basilica Della Collegiata
- La Collegiata
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Catania before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Catania and book an accommodation of your choice.
29.83% of people who visit Catania include Basilica Della Collegiata in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
41.44% of people start their Basilica Della Collegiata visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Basilica Della Collegiata
62.16% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Basilica Della Collegiata
Basilica Della Collegiata Reviews & Ratings
There are so beautiful churches in Italy, but the place is quite beautiful and cut size. The basilica sometimes may use a wedding hall that there are some wedding events in a weekend.
Just one world, wonderful
Don't miss it
Place to see
Small but beautiful church, especially its exterior building is exquisite.