About Caltagirone, Catania
Caltagirone, Catania - Address
Address: Catania, Sicily, Italy
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 10.1K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Caltagirone is a small historic town famous for the production of pottery, especially terra-cotta wares and maiolica. In recent times, the place has also gained popularity due to its ceramics and terra-cotta sculptures. The landmark of the town is a 142-step monumental staircase of Santa Maria del Monte, established in 1608. The place was almost completely ruined in an earthquake in 1693, after which it had to be reconstructed. It has been recently included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Ideal for a day-trip.
- Various attractions have different timings and entry fees.
- Many restaurants and hotels are available.
How To reach Caltagirone by Public Transport
- Rented car, taxi
Restaurants Near Caltagirone
- Pizzeria Happy days
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Catania before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Catania and book an accommodation of your choice.
Caltagirone, Catania Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Museo Del Giocattolo
- Palazzo Degli Elefanti
- San Benedetto
- Castello Ursino And Museo Civico
- Stabilimento Balneare Le Capannine
- Lido Excelsior
- Catania Tango Festival
- Centro Ippico Amico Del Cavallo
- Bora Bora (beach Club) Lido Patrizia
- Catania Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Catania
- What to See in 48 Hours in Catania
- What to See in 72 Hours in Catania
- How to Spend 5 Days in Catania
- How to Spend 6 Days in Catania
- How to Spend 7 Days in Catania