Mount Etna1628 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Catania, Sicily, Italy
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +39-095821111
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Educational Site, Family And Kids, Volcano
Mount Etna is an active volcano which is currently the tallest in Europe, standing high at 3,329 meters. It is also one of the most active volcanoes in the world. The volcano is spread over an area of 1,190 sq km, with a circumference of 140km at the base. It was added to the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in June 2013. It has also been declared as a Decade Volcano by the United Nations.
Activities like hiking, mountain biking are available, a visit to Mount Etna is a must-take trip from Catania.
Mount Etna Travel Tips
- Group tours and guided tours are arranged from Catania to the mountain.
- Restaurants and eateries are available on the way, but it is best to pack your lunch.
Entrance Ticket Details For Mount Etna
- Cable car ride costs 35 Euros.
Mount Etna Hours
- Open 24 hours, but visit the place as early as possible to enjoy this nature’s bounty.
How to Reach Mount Etna
- Rented car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Catania before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Catania and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Catania include Mount Etna in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
66.47% of people start their Mount Etna visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Mount Etna
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mount Etna