Mount EtnaCurrently Open
- Address: Catania, Sicily, Italy
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +39-095821111
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Educational Site, Family And Kids, Volcano
Mount Etna - Review
Mount Etna is an active volcano which is currently the tallest in Europe, standing high at 3,329 meters. It is also one of the most active volcanoes in the world. The volcano is spread over an area of 1,190 sq km, with a circumference of 140km at the base. It was added to the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in June 2013. It has also been declared as a Decade Volcano by the United Nations.
Activities like hiking, mountain biking are available, a visit to Mount Etna is a must-take trip from Catania.
Mount Etna Information
- Group tours and guided tours are arranged from Catania to the mountain.
- Restaurants and eateries are available on the way, but it is best to pack your lunch.
Mount Etna Ticket Prices
- Cable car ride costs 35 Euros.
Mount Etna Opening and Closing Hours
- Open 24 hours, but visit the place as early as possible to enjoy this nature’s bounty.
How To reach Mount Etna by Public Transport
- Rented car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Catania before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Catania and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mount Etna
95% of people who visit Catania include Mount Etna in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
68.19% of people start their Mount Etna visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Mount Etna
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mount Etna
Mount Etna Map
Mount Etna Trips
1 View2 Days 1 Night2 Day Trip to Zafferana Etnea from Zafferana EtneaBy: Guest UserCity: Zafferana Etnea
Mount Etna, Catania Reviews
this mountain is very beautiful and fascinating. very interesting to visit, especially the nature lovers. for those of you who want to visit this place prepare everything that is in need. for those of you who want to camp at night, prepare warm clothes, because the weather here is very cold. especially at night. also armed with candles or lighting lamps, such as cas lamps. prepare also sufficient food supplies. because here there is no food.
This volcano is amazing. You can see so many nature here, a rich soil, espetacular views, many old villages, wine ways, and also find a lot special old trees, like the oldest chestnut in europe. Each village have a nice coffee bar, central square and nice people. Don't be afraid about the volcano sounds or smoke.
Like below if helpful for Hikers & Non-hikers! This place is amazing!!! Check weather, bring food/snacks and look up the geological conditions! Hikers: - drive to rifugio sapiena 1900m (we got free parking) - there are craters here that you can do 15 minute hikes around - hike up to 2500m acclimate (you must be tired by now) - there are craters here that you can do 20 minute hikes around - hike up to 2900m acclimate (this is the highest you can go 'legally without a guide's) - there are craters here that you can do 30 minute hikes around - hikes up to 3300m are done with local excursions Leisurely (non-hikers): - drive to rifugio sapiena 1900m (we got free parking) - there are craters here that you can do 15 minute hikes around - take €30 funicular up to 2500m opens at 9am - there are craters here that you can do 20 minute hikes around - take €34 bus up 2900m - there are craters here that you can do 30 minute hikes around with a guide you already paid for Enjoy you trip!
If you like some fresh air take the drive if you want to see black lava rocks take the tour
Only saw the mountains in the distance. I'm sure Etna is well worth a full visit. But all the tours we saw started from hotels within Catania so not viable for us as we'd booked to stay in Palermo for whole trip - this is 3hrs by train away from Catania.
All QuestionsMount etna
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal