Cebu Taoist Temple, Cebu CityCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Dona Modesta Singson Gaisano, Cebu City, Philippines
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Observatory, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
About Cebu Taoist Temple, Cebu City
The Cebu Taoist temple is one of the prettiest sights of Cebu city. It was built in 1972 by the wealthy Chinese community of the city and since then has attracted a number of devotees and tourists alike. The temple stands proudly tall, at an elevation of about 900 feet from sea level. Tranquil peace engulfs you as you enter the Taoist Temple, a calm spirituality takes over the scattered mind. Try your luck with the block of wood while you’re here; drop two blocks of wood and if both the blocks are face up, you get to make a wish.
Cebu Taoist Temple Information
- Pictures inside the temple are not allowed.
- There are a number of steps that lead up to the Temple. It may not be an easy hike for children, disabled or the elderly. There is an option to take your vehicle to the back entrance if needed.
- Don't wear shorts/sleeveless if you wish to enter the temple's altar.
How To reach Cebu Taoist Temple by Public Transport
- The best way to reach the Taoist temple without tiring your feet is to hire a taxi from the city.
Restaurants Near Cebu Taoist Temple
- Mr A Restaurant
- Ocean Garden Dining
- Cebu Restaurant and Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cebu City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cebu City and book an accommodation of your choice.