Lapu Lapu Statue1914 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Mactan, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines, Cebu City
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Outdoors, Landmark, Observatory, Educational Site, Statue, Architecture
Lapu-Lapu, Cebu’s local hero is well known for his resistance of the Spanish rule. He is said to have fought them valiantly and is responsible for the death of Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan. In honour of this brave man and his fight for his land, a 66 feet tall statue and monument have been erected by the Philippine government at Mactan. The history is clearly depicted here and there are beautifully maintained grounds surrounding it. It provides visitors a slice of history of Philippines
Lapu Lapu Statue Travel Tips
- There is a small park and lots of souvenir shops around the monument.
How to Reach Lapu Lapu Statue
- You can reach Lapu Lapu by hiring a ca or by a Jeepney ride.
- Maribago Grill
- Fiji Restaurant
- Kaishu Japanese Restaurant
- antons Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cebu City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cebu City and book an accommodation of your choice.
63.78% of people who visit Cebu City include Lapu Lapu Statue in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
29.36% of people start their Lapu Lapu Statue visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Lapu Lapu Statue
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lapu Lapu Statue