Simala Shrine1144 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Lindogon, Simala, 6020, Philippines, Cebu City
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Tags: Religious Site, Outdoors, Historical Site, Architecture
The Marian Shrine stands in the hilly area of upper Lindogon in barangay Simala, Sibonga town. It was built by the congregation of Marian Monks in 1998 when the image, brought here from Pampanga, rumoured to show miracles during the height of an epidemic that killed many people in that community. Aside from its striking castle like structure, local folks and the monks of Simala Church claim that several unexplainable miracles have been witnessed around the crying of the statue of Virgin Mary. As fascinating as the legend surrounding it is the architecture of the building that is both imposing and strikingly beautiful.
Simala Shrine Travel Tips
- It is customary to take your shoes off near the altar.
Simala Shrine Hours
- Masses take place at 10 am and 3 pm on weekdays and at 3 pm on weekends.
How to Reach Simala Shrine
- To reach the shrine from Cebu, you can board a bus on the Brgy route that passes Simala. Alternatively, you can even hire a cab from Cebu that reaches Simala in 2.5 hours.
- Alex Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cebu City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cebu City and book an accommodation of your choice.
36.36% of people who visit Cebu City include Simala Shrine in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
40.57% of people start their Simala Shrine visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Simala Shrine
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Simala Shrine
Simala Shrine Reviews & Ratings
Any idea po kung when matatapos yung renovation ng church? Salamat and God Bless po.Answer Report Abuse
Is Simala Shrine open for travellers now as of May ,2022?Answer Report Abuse
May I know the opening hours of the shrine?Answer Report Abuse
This shrine opens at 8:00 AM.Report Abuse